No announcement yet.

Not You Lot Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11v11 is a horribly pop-up heavy site isn't it? Ill just leave it at Everton, since I;m tired of the irritations caused by all the clicking

Comment

And the interface is particularly annoying for this kind of query, yes

Comment

Wednesday have met Blackburn Rovers 156 times

Comment

Using 11v11, the team we've played most since entering the Football League in 1999 is Carlisle United at 30 games.

Comment

I've just had a look on the rather intensive Tigerbase website, and barring any incredible run by either of them or collapse by us, Blackpool will overtake Barnsley next season. Wow.

Comment

"Celtic and Rangers have played each other 428 times in major competitions: Rangers have won 167 matches, Celtic 161 matches, and 100 ended in a draw." From Wikipedia

Comment

Here's the LFC answer according to LFC history web site

And LFC have played Arsenal 238 times - just the one behind Everton.

[Edit - I just saw Ursus response - now I don't know who to believe]

The player who has made most appearances vs LFC.... Peter Shilton with 58. Highest number by player still active, Phil Jagielka and Dacid De Gea with 25
                Last edited by Exiled off Main Street; 11-04-2022, 18:30.

Comment

By 1966, the team Ipswich had played most in their league history was Leyton Orient, with 34 meetings. They haven't met since*.

* In the league

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    And the interface is particularly annoying for this kind of query, yes
                    Especially when after shutting down all the pop-ups and navigating the clunky menus, you find out that it doesn't cover the leagues you were looking for. Won't be bookmarking that site.

Comment

Soccerbase looks like it could be a viable alternative but again, it's having to go through every possible opponent one by one and I can't be arsed.

Comment

It's Crewe for us, with 151 meetings in all competitions, including four non-league games in the Victorian era.

League: Crewe (130)
                        FA Cup: Crewe (9)
                        League Cup: Tranmere, Wigan (6)
                        Football League Trophy: Burnley, Carlisle (8)
                        FA Trophy: Brackley, Southport (4)

Originally posted by Greenlander View Post

Incidently, do other clubs have a resource as quite as good as this?
                        Yes although it lacks the aesthetics of Greens on Screen, with a slightly less memorable URL: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fxPedcqk5r0Ks_LCvN62YNaagn9rGNKPmdh8kBQsq9k/edit#gid=0

Comment

Transfermarkt presents the data in a much better format, but lacks the historical.coverage, only going back to the 1950s for the top flight.

I am thinking that Rangers and Celtic are quite likely to be the two clubs that have faced each other most often in competitive matches, simply because of their early formation and the structure of the Scottish top flight

Comment

Notts County for Bury with 119 meetings. Hardly surprising, we used to get them or Wrecsam in the first round of the League Cup every year.

Comment

Transfermarkt presents the data in a much better format, but lacks the historical.coverage, only going back to the 1950s for the top flight.

I am thinking that Rangers and Celtic are quite likely to be the two clubs that have faced each other most often in competitive matches, simply because of their early formation and the structure of the Scottish top flight
                              428 times

Comment

In Turkey the Inter Continental Derby had been played 396 times, that's impressive as they only play each other twice per season and not four times like in Scotland

Fenerbahçe: 149
                                Drawn: 122
                                Galatasaray: 125

One more game added as they played at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled off Main Street View Post
                                  Here's the LFC answer according to LFC history web site

And LFC have played Arsenal 238 times - just the one behind Everton.

[Edit - I just saw Ursus response - now I don't know who to believe]

The player who has made most appearances vs LFC.... Peter Shilton with 58. Highest number by player still active, Phil Jagielka and Dacid De Gea with 25
                                  11v11 has 237 for Arsenal and 290 for Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

428 times
                                    This (for Celtic–Rangers, for those who can't be bothered to scroll back up) is in fact beatable, I'm afraid. Because in all games, Nacional have played Peñarol (and their predecessor club Central Uruguay Railway Cricket Club) 555 times, of which 109 were friendlies and 449 were competitive matches. The split is currently 196–180 in Peñarol's favour. And those figures don't include six matches that were called off or two that (for reasons I can't see on the rivalry's Wiki page) were played with reserve teams.

Comment

Must say that some of those cup competitions would stretch my definition of "competitive" (only 269 of the 449 were in the league) but then I haven't parsed the Old Firm list.

Comment

Looking at Wikipedia, there are a number of Rio de Janeiro derbies in the 400s, while Atlético Mineiro evidently claims 517 matches against Cruzeiro

Comment

It can be difficult to work out just how big some of the competitions were at the time, but I'd still be minded to accept most of them as 'official' matches. Some of them are among the oldest international club competitions going (such as the Copa Competencia, played between Argentine and Uruguayan sides starting in 1900).

It hadn't occurred to me to check Brazil, but I'd guess the state championships will push those numbers way up.

Comment

It was more the competitions that only lasted a few years and the "league" that even the Uruguayan federation doesn't recognise.

As you know very well, the tallying of such things can become quite central to the identity of major Latin American clubs.

Comment

Hibs and Hearts had more than a decade's head start on Celtic, so could they possibly be ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

Hibs and Hearts had more than a decade's head start on Celtic, so could they possibly be ahead?
                                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinbu...s.?wprov=sfla1

If you include friendlies then yes, if no then they are a long way behind.

Comment

Working...
                                                X