ANOTHER ONE chalked off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANOTHER ONE chalked off?

Ireland's friendly against Lithuania rather remarkably saw four home "goals" ruled out for offside - this must be a record for an international, and can't have happened too often in any competitive game?

VAR?

Comment

No, all entirely correctly disallowed by the ref and his officials.

Comment

The 97th minute goal was so absolutely amazing.

Comment

Roy wasn't impressed by the celebrations.

Comment

At this stage Roy can cram it where the sun doesn't shine. He's just become what he said he hated, another Dunphyesque cliche merchant.

Comment

The celebration was about more than beating a low ranked team in a friendly. It was about momentum and progress, about getting the reward for sticking to playing football, even in the 96th minute having had 4 goals disallowed, instead of going long. It was about getting the most out of a young, modestly talented squad, by playing ball instead of destroying. More often than not plucky underdogs who've overachieved at international level, like Iceland and England, have done so by playing defensive anti-football. Kenny's commitment to empowering his incredibly mediocre Championship quality squad (I mean we're not even talking about a particularly good Championship level squad) to play football is unwavering.

Comment

Dunphy never won squat

Comment

He did write one good book, lifetimes ago. His autobiography was howling bad though. I'm not convinced he's off the nosebag like he says.

Comment

The Match highlights video didn't include any of the offside goals. So this is them. I think you can kind of see why they celebrated so wildly. Maybe rotherham should consider playing ogbene a little further forward.
                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 30-03-2022, 23:10.

Comment

Cheers TAB... all four pretty clearly offside. Would have like to see a little more of the build-up, there were a couple of cracking team (non-)goals in there

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                        He did write one good book, lifetimes ago. His autobiography was howling bad though. I'm not convinced he's off the nosebag like he says.
                        I am. He's nearly 80 years old. You'd be more worried that he's at the random bursting into tears phase of life long-boozing. That's not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

I am. He's nearly 80 years old.
                          Fuck that made me sit up.

Comment

77 in august

Comment

Working...
                            X