Last Lockdown? Telly-gawping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EIM View Post
    Bought a bottle of red earlier for beef bourguignon but decided to only use half of it so I could quaff the rest. A big, ballsy Italian, bursting with fruit. Quite delicious, I'll be going back for a case, I think.

That was really entertaining football, the second half in particular. Pogba had one of those games where he looks like a Dad playing football with his kids in the park, Shaw played like he was proving something to Mourinho, except he's been playing like that for ages, and Cavani? Well he's the Gol Gaucho. The penalty box goleador. A handsome statue that never stops moving.

I type all this quaffing my vino as my partner shouts over my shoulder, asking why she keeps getting notifications about me buying Cavani merch off eBay. That's not important right now. I'll apologise for that in the morning. Right now is for enjoying the classic things in life. Beef casserole, red wine, centre forwards doing diving headers, gout, the very things of life itself.
    I just love this. This post radiates contentment. 80% of it is the thought of the beef casserole tbh.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Jesse lingard's first goal is one of the goals of the season

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
      I just love this. This post radiates contentment
      Christ, can't you two just wank each other off on one of the billions of relevant Manchester United boards.

Comment

What better tribute to prince phillip than to have jermaine jenas and alex scott on MOTD2

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
          Christ, can't you two just wank each other off on one of the billions of relevant Manchester United boards.
          A love like ours can't be contained nor driven underground. It's as pure and as right as the vanilla custard I just dolloped on the apple crumble I got for 70p from the Tesco reduced aisle. Enjoy the life, GO. Enjoy the life.

Comment

Currently 0-0 Union v Boca. Union's ground looks superb. Large terraces, painted in red and white stripes. Pink and orange Vice City sunset burning above the roofless stands. I'd kill for a Quilmes and choripan.

Comment

Watching the highlights on MOTD2, would Manchester United have won if yer man had been sent off for punching Son? Still, watching yet another Mourinho implosion is always a pleasant experience...

Comment

It was like Mane during the week, where the ref was influenced by the player going down like he'd been shot by a sniper. VAR presumably didn't overrule because they didn't think it was an obvious error.

I do think, however, that Mourinho is capable these days of losing against 10 men. Spurs don't go 90 minutes against good sides under him, at least not during the last 3-4 months, whereas Man U seem to be playing like a team on steroids.

Comment

What better tribute to prince phillip than to have jermaine jenas and alex scott on MOTD2
                  Alex Scott's use of language is so forceful and direct, she sounds like Ernest Hemmingway chronicling the adventures of Jack Charlton's ireland. It's a very energetic performance for so late on a sunday night. It's also notable that Jermaine Jenas has yet to have one of his mystifying trademark gammon rage outbursts and is doing some thinking. Maybe the lesson here is more alex scott and less Danny murphy or martin keown.

Comment

Union one up against Boca with ten minutes to go. I've missed most of the second half as I was watching Mad Men, but from what I've seen, Boca have had plenty of the ball, created absolutely fuck all, but occasionally hoofed the ball over the bar. Very little movement up front, very little creativity from midfield.

Tevez has a neat haircut and trimmed beard. He looks like Bigfoot's son off to a job interview. Very smart.

Comment

A love like ours can't be contained nor driven underground. It's as pure and as right as the vanilla custard I just dolloped on the apple crumble I got for 70p from the Tesco reduced aisle. Enjoy the life, GO. Enjoy the life.
                      I'm not really a fan of crumble (puddings obviously shouldn't be hot, after all) but my wife and younger daughter made a sublime apple & blackcurrant one today. Served a la mode though, custard is vile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I'm not really a fan of crumble (puddings obviously shouldn't be hot, after all) but my wife and younger daughter made a sublime apple & blackcurrant one today. Served a la mode though, custard is vile.
                        I appreciate your input, but this post is all over the place.

Comment

Great hot puddings:

Sticky toffee pudding
                          Treacle sponge
                          Hot chocolate fudge cake

Comment

FT, and Union have won. My stream is dealing with this by showing Boca's best chipped goals from outside the area. Solid.

Comment

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Jesse lingard's first goal is one of the goals of the season

It was a lovely finish but I hope that, when he watched it on MotD2, Lingard realised that his new goal celebration, even more than his previous ones, and there were some shockers in there, makes him look like a dopey fucker.

Just smile and celebrate with your admiring teammates, Jesse.

Comment

Great hot puddings:

Sticky toffee pudding
                                Treacle sponge
                                Hot chocolate fudge cake
                                A liking for stuff like the first two always seems to me to be a kink akin to adult baby syndrome. I strongly suspect Nigel Farage would list them as his favourite desserts.

The last one would be alright but infinitely better once it's cooled down. If you want something hot after your main course then you have a coffee with your cold pudding, surely?
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-04-2021, 23:50.

Comment

Spurs should have a crumble named after them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

It was a lovely finish but I hope that, when he watched it on MotD2, Lingard realised that his new goal celebration, even more than his previous ones, and there were some shockers in there, makes him look like a dopey fucker.

Just smile and celebrate with your admiring teammates, Jesse.
                                    He's having a lovely time. Leave him be. He's not at good at dancing as Alan saint Maximin, but that's not a crime, few people are.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Footballing Gammons explode when he gets picked for euro 2020 ahead of jack grealish. oh and Villa fans. Sorry Villa fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

A liking for stuff like the first two always seems to me to be a kink akin to adult baby syndrome. I strongly suspect Nigel Farage would list them as his favourite desserts.
                                      I'd have Farage down as a man who loves spotted dick.

Comment

He's having a lovely time. Leave him be. He's not at good at dancing as Alan saint Maximin, but that's not a crime, few people are.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Footballing Gammons explode when he gets picked for euro 2020 ahead of jack grealish. oh and Villa fans. Sorry Villa fans.

ASM might be my favourite footballer currently playing. The fact that he can channel Michael Flatley after busting the back of the net is a mere bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                          Watching the highlights on MOTD2, would Manchester United have won if yer man had been sent off for punching Son? Still, watching yet another Mourinho implosion is always a pleasant experience...
                                          Is that your definition of a punch? I'd fancy my chances in a fight with you.

A few minutes before Son grabbed the wrong side of his face, Rashford was knocked on his jaw in the Spurs penalty area. If the rules were applied consistently, then that was more a foul than McTominay trying to swat away Son's arm while in full control of the ball. In the event, I don't think either were fouls.

Comment

Those blaming VAR for this would be better off blaming rubbish referees

Comment

VAR exacerbates the inconsistent rubbishness, Sporting

Comment

Alex Scott's use of language is so forceful and direct, she sounds like Ernest Hemmingway chronicling the adventures of Jack Charlton's ireland. It's a very energetic performance for so late on a sunday night. It's also notable that Jermaine Jenas has yet to have one of his mystifying trademark gammon rage outbursts and is doing some thinking. Maybe the lesson here is more alex scott and less Danny murphy or martin keown.
                                                It's noticeable when female pundits are on that the male ones up their game. Suddenly it's not enough to pout and accuse players of not being committed.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                  VAR exacerbates the inconsistent rubbishness, Sporting
                                                  I respectfully disagree. VAR, properly used, corrects glaring errors.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post

Is that your definition of a punch? I'd fancy my chances in a fight with you.

A few minutes before Son grabbed the wrong side of his face, Rashford was knocked on his jaw in the Spurs penalty area. If the rules were applied consistently, then that was more a foul than McTominay trying to swat away Son's arm while in full control of the ball. In the event, I don't think either were fouls.
                                                    If the rules were ‘applied consistently’ then Pogba would’ve received at least a yellow for elbowing Aurier.

But they ‘aren’t’, are they?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X