Greg Clarke - ex-FA Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

It is actually a political category as prescribed by the dominant society and is fluid and can be changed on a whim.
    And even within whiteness there are various levels with Irish, Jews, Eastern and Southern Europeans considered second rate (see Brexit).
    I have felt awkward in the past about "white" as an ethnicity on those equal ops forms, when it feels like there are 26 other options covering all kinds of combinations. And white. As if as long as you're white nothing more needs to be said but if you aren't you need to explain why, in tremendous detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I have felt awkward in the past about "white" as an ethnicity on those equal ops forms, when it feels like there are 26 other options covering all kinds of combinations. And white. As if as long as you're white nothing more needs to be said but if you aren't you need to explain why, in tremendous detail.
      Indeed, white supremacy for you mate and how illogical it is when you actually start to think about it. A wise man once said, "when you understand White supremacy and what it is, everything you think you know, will only confuse you"

As for the the other numerous non-white classifications, it is about finding out what you are so you can be fitted into the racial pyramid and the privileges attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

It is actually a political category as prescribed by the dominant society and is fluid and can be changed on a whim.
        And even within whiteness there are various levels with Irish, Jews, Eastern and Southern Europeans considered second rate (see Brexit).
        I rather cheekily asked my rather conservative aunt, how she could be into this Trumpy nonsense, particularly given that she could remember the day that Irish people became white in america (Somewhere between the kennedy assassination and the Civil rights act)

People should be more forgiving of Greg Clarke, he lost his daughter Violet to an industrial accident in a chocolate factory owned by a mysterious inventor.

Comment

Working...
        X