Big boost for armchair crowds - TV football 6-9 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big boost for armchair crowds - TV football 6-9 November

So the sofas and armchairs should be packed to overflowing this weekend now that cup games have joined the professional leagues in being crowdless, and the non-league scene has been closed down altogether.

I've started my weekend of televised football with Harrogate Town v Skelmersdale United on BT Sports, coupled with some fine ales from Black Lodge Brewing. It's strange enough seeing Skem on telly, but it feels even more so given that I went to watch their first game in this competition on the 1st of September, which feels like a lifetime ago.

As mentioned on t'other thread I've just switched on. I've not seen Skem at all but I feel they're my team here as they're from the league I'm most engaged with this year.

Comment

Skem have acquitted themselves quite well in this. They certainly like a shot from distance.

Ah fuck. 3-0 now.

Comment

They'll be kicking themselves for conceding inside the first minute, then clawing their way back into it, then conceding from a cheap free kick right on half time. And again just then, scruffy goal. Disappointing, for them more than anyone.

Comment

A bottle of Mad Goose and some blue Stilton on wheat crackers with my first ever home made green tomato chutney incidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
            Skem have acquitted themselves quite well in this. They certainly like a shot from distance.

Ah fuck. 3-0 now.
            Fuck indeed. I paused to make my crackers and its still 2 here.

Comment

Sorry AH. Look away now if you don’t want to know it’s 4-0.

Comment

Richard Brodie has filtered his way down the pyramid quite quickly, hasn't he.

Comment

This lower league crowd noise is awful. Close to 1 back twice there. Brodie too..

Comment

It's not a great game really is it. I might watch the Premier League game tomorrow. There's a Cymru Premier game on S4C tomorrow. Bala v TNS 5.15 kick off.

Comment

Good goal for Skelmersdale

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        It's not a great game really is it.
                        Was never going to be, but I guess that's not why you watch this sort of game. Pleased for Skem that they got a goal though.

Colchester v Marine on iPlayer for me tomorrow afternoon, might watch whatever Premier league game is on after that. The big game on Sunday is H&Y v Carlisle at lunchtime, with the rather less important Man City v Liverpool to follow in late afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          There's a Cymru Premier game on S4C tomorrow. Bala v TNS 5.15 kick off.
                          But then you'll miss FC United of Manchester vs Doncaster Rovers on BBC 2... so probably the right choice, yeah.

Comment

Is that Donny's first free-to-air?

Comment

Not sure I will even bother watching Liverpool outplay us again.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                The big game on Sunday is H&Y v Carlisle at lunchtime, with the rather less important Man City v Liverpool to follow in late afternoon.
                                This has messed up my weekend routine. Firstly I was actually sitting today wondering why ifollow weren't hitting me up for a tenner by then, and then the unusual occurrence of us playing on a Sunday has messed with my competing weekend alcohol / exercise / takeaway food patterns.

Comment

I was pondering watching the stream of a Wimbledon game for their first time with the Cup tie tomorrow but it's been called off due to COVID tests so that's out of the window.

There's Australia v New Zealand in the rugby at 8:45am and over five hours of the penultimate day of the Vuelta from 11am so that's the spine of my day's viewing. Will probably keep half an eye on the Cup games between Tonbridge Angels & Bradford City, Banbury United & Canvey Island and aforementioned FCUM v Doncaster Rovers on the BBC through the day. Not least because because I've seen a team from each of the first two matches live in earlier rounds of the competition.

As well as the climax of the Vuelta a few of the multiple Cup games the BBC are showing on Sunday lunchtime look interesting (and I'm still wondering if I can find a vantage point overlooking the ground for Hampton & Richmond Borough v Oldham Athletic which is a mile from my house) and then it'll likely be the Ospreys and Scarlets rugby games in the afternoon/evening.

I'll walk the dog, interact with my family and watch a movie at points, I'm sure.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-11-2020, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                    Is that Donny's first free-to-air?
                                    Ever? No, not by a long shot.

Our 5th round tie with Crystal Palace in 2018-19 was on BBC, and we had one if not two live Championship games on the BBC circa 2010-11

Comment

Banbury United vs Canvey Island on iplayer for me on Saturday. There may be a few watching in the field behind the King Sutton End.

Comment

Provisional schedule

Today:

12:45 Tonbridge Angels v Bradford City
                                        15:00 Brentford v Middlesbrough
                                        17:30 FC United v Doncaster Rovers
                                        20:00 West Ham v Fulham (though if Said Benrahma hasn't featured by 21:00, might go for EFL highlights on Quest)

Tomorrow:

12:45 Hampton & Richmond v Oldham
                                        14:30 Eastbourne Borough v Blackpool
                                        16:30 Man City v Liverpool
                                        19:00 Vasco da Gama v Palmeiras
                                        21:15 Atletico-MG v Flamengo

I am aware of the threat to mental health posed by lockdown. On Monday I'm going out for a long run.

Comment

Don't forget that the Thon is today.

Comment

No pub to distract me this week so I'll be seeing Brentford's new ground for the first time albeit through the computer. If times were normal, I'd be leaving shortly to catch the train down to Brentford in time for a beer before the game. I've used the Express Tavern for years but I'd be expecting it to be full and, possibly, home fans only this year, so I'd be looking for somewhere else a bit further away. And it's a lovely day for it.
                                            Last edited by Capybara; 07-11-2020, 12:03.

Comment

There's four pubs about 10 minutes walk away that could have done with a bit of custom.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

A free header and a lovely free kick by Billy Clarke puts Bradford City two up in 15 minutes.

Little chance of an upset here so I've also got Reading v Stoke on the TV as a back-up.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X