No announcement yet.

Starter for TEN; Anyone for TEN-is? Bo Derek: Scottish Football 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of the hate that comes his way is from horrible sectarian bastards, but he is also a fantastically repellent man and a terrible coach. I'd imagine he'd make as shit a job at Raith Rovers as Yogi Hughes, no way would I want him.

Comment

He’ll be lucky to land a decent standard junior club.

Comment

Congratulations to St Johnstone who made it to the League Cup Final for only the third time in their history with a somewhat surprising 3-0 over Hibs at Hampden. Livingston - on a hot streak since Martindale became their (official) manager - and St Mirren play the second semi tomorrow. There were only two games in the top division - home wins for the champions elect who went nap against County and for my mob who finally managed to turn up against Motherwell for a 2-0 win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
          A lot of the hate that comes his way is from horrible sectarian bastards, but he is also a fantastically repellent man and a terrible coach. I'd imagine he'd make as shit a job at Raith Rovers as Yogi Hughes, no way would I want him.
          Lennon is most definitely a horrible, horrible person. Unfortunately he gets an easy ride for his horribleness because of the sick sectarian shit that comes his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

I really like him, especially when he cut off his lockdown man-bun.
            He gets a rep of sideways passing from some of our overcritical online pundits but he keeps things ticking and keeps possession​​​.
            Thanks!

Comment

And this is one (but certainly not the only one) why Scottish football is so fuxxed up. Rangers player blatantly stamps on Hibs player and gets away with it. From other ange, referee is only 10 yards away, but allegedly doesn’t see the incident. As you can see the ball is next to the Rangers player’s left foot, so it’s baffling how the ref didn’t see this. This is the type of thing that Rangers and Celtic get away with on a regular basis and have done so for years. Pathetic,

Comment

Can he, or will he, be punished after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Can he, or will he, be punished after the fact.
                  Depends on the referee's report. If he saw it, and decided it wasn't worth a card, then the SFA won't take any further action. If he missed it entirely, there's every chance Morelos gets a retrospective red and 3-game ban once the beaks see the TV pictures - they've done this before (yes, even for Old Firm players, suprisingly enough).

Comment

Stamp is probably the wrong way to describe it. He certainly stands on the Hibs player. Does he put a lot of force into it? Probably not, which is why I wouldn't call it a stamp. It was almost certainly deliberate. Morelos is probably still angry at some of the treatment he's received from the likes of Ryan Porteous in previous fixtures, That in no way justifies it and its an aspect of Morelos' game that is problematic. He goes through spells where he looks lethal from an attacking viewpoint and spells where he's quiet. In those quieter spells it's arguable that he doesnt offer enough as a support player to bring others into the game in an attacking sense. Probably the only consistent thing about Alfredo Morelos is his tendency to get involved in idiotic incidents. He'll have a dig at somebody. It'll be an elbow. Or it'll be a sly kick out. Or he'll make a typically clumsy tackle and make sure he leaves something on the opponent. Those kind of things cost him as a player and if he moves to a higher standard of league then he'll be up against defenders who know how to do it far better than he does.

Comment

Regardless of if we define it as a "stamp" or not, it certainly should have been a red card. The fact that he not only stayed on the pitch but scored the only goal of the game was galling.

Comment

"early bath" needs to go into the cliches pile.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post

Depends on the referee's report. If he saw it, and decided it wasn't worth a card, then the SFA won't take any further action. If he missed it entirely, there's every chance Morelos gets a retrospective red and 3-game ban once the beaks see the TV pictures - they've done this before (yes, even for Old Firm players, suprisingly enough).
                          “yes, even for Old Firm players, suprisingly enough” ~ I don’t think this is surprisingly enough. The times this has happened to Old Firm players is for blatantly obvious fouls which should have resulted in red cards. The fact that red cards weren’t given doesn’t help the opponent on the given day as they still face 11 men, when the OF opposition should be down to 10.

Comment

I'm well aware of that, DPx4 - it sucks, but it's still better than no punishment at all which was the situation when I was growing up (when players whose offences were missed by the matchday officials got a free pass, no matter how many times their acts of GBH were replayed on Sportscene).

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                              I'm well aware of that, DPx4 - it sucks, but it's still better than no punishment at all which was the situation when I was growing up (when players whose offences were missed by the matchday officials got a free pass, no matter how many times their acts of GBH were replayed on Sportscene).
                              Too true blameless.

Comment

He stayed on the pitch for a blatant elbow against us, which the ref saw as a yellow, but got banned after the game. Luckily he didn't score the winner that time

Comment

Irvine Welsh thinks he should be macheted into small pieces. That's the kind of analysis I really feel Match of the Day is missing sometimes.

Comment

He's too perfect a fit for Greyskull. Like someone asked for a total cunt from Central Casting. Born to be a Bluenose.

Comment

As my Ma would say, Alfie is a narky blurt

Remind me why Lurgan Flopp is particularly deserving of hate?

Comment

His ranting at all and sundry after the Dubai debacle is a prime example. "Only 2" of the squad got Covid so that's alright then! Nah man that's actually a high infection rate from the numbers of travellers ya fuckin fanny, and a prime example why youse shouldn't have gone for yer poolside swally-up. Sturgeon calling youse stupid pricks wasn't a conspiracy to undermine the Glorious Celtic, it really wasn't.

His managing to have a fight with the entire Hibs squad, and the board during his shitey spell there.

Everyone is always agin him. I mean sometimes in shitty Scottish fitba land it really is a conspiracy agin him and Sellick, but sometimes he's just being a short fuse fud.

Comment

His teams also play terrible terrible fitba. Like up there with late period St Martin, maybe even Trap bad.

Comment

Ta. Passing on the Dubai nonsense, the rest that you've described puts him in midtable for both Scottish-based footballers and thin skinned McNultys

Comment

That has to be it for Lennon. I wish the pubs were open so I could hear the entitled barstool Celtic fans arguing among themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                He's too perfect a fit for Greyskull. Like someone asked for a total cunt from Central Casting. Born to be a Bluenose.
                                                I thought Greyskull was the home of the good guys that gets attacked by the baddies. It's strange that Ibrox has been labelled such a beacon of hope by those who dislike them.

Comment

Having just wiki'd it, you're right - Greyskull is the good guys, the bad guys hang out at Snake Mountain. But who cares about accuracy, Castle Greyskull just has the right ring to it. I think it's the combo of drab and vaguely ominous that does it. That and no-one's going to know (or willingly admit to knowing) what the hell you're on about if you start calling Ibrox Snake Mountain, as fun as that would be.

Comment

Hope Boaby is suitably celebrating!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X