No announcement yet.

Interesting Photographs & Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Nothing in it in my view Brian". Chic "Bastard" Bates and that tackle - Leicester v Shrewsbury FA Cup 5th Round 1982

Comment

Nothing to see there. Sadly...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        Nothing to see there. Sadly...
        I can see it on both my laptop and my phone - not sure why you can't!! It's a very good photo though

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post

I can see it on both my laptop and my phone - not sure why you can't!! It's a very good photo though

One of the pains with the image posting problem on OTF is that the poster can see the picture even if no-one else can.

Comment

This seems to be the best known photo of the incident

Comment

Thanks UA - that's the one!

Comment

Pre-season training in full flow in Kerry tonight:

Comment

Pitch invasions: the fashion of 1988:

Middlesbrough embrace new ‘Battle of the Bridge’ 36 years after relegating Chelsea | Carabao Cup | The Guardian

Imagine the witness interviews afterwards. "Yes, stone wash jeans, white shirt, that's definitely him, officer".

Comment

I went to an email marketing conference at Old Trafford (the International Suite, to be precise) yesterday. I was at the Premier Inn across the street so I got there a bit early to take in some of the sights. It was dead silent when I was at the Munich memorial, which gave it a solemnity I appreciated.

After lunch (in which some excellent meat pies were served, but no vegetables. Not one) I went for another walk around. Underneath the East Stand -- it is fascinating and bizarre how the second and third tiers seem to have been built as separate structures with a roadway underneath, also with zero lifts or escalators! -- a bloke was unclogging a blocked drain. A door was open and I saw this:

T2u1nX6.jpg

Very cool. Very, very, very cool.

(ps I know I'm useless at uploading images, I'll keep having a go until you all can see it)
                    Last edited by Flynnie; 25-01-2024, 10:48.

Comment

Finally.

Comment

My great uncle in his Wales kit and cap. Finally framed and ready for the wall.

Comment

Very nice, Pat.

A pair of sawn-off stovepipes for shinpads, from the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                            Finally.
                            Really cool photo and thanks for sharing the story to contextualize the image.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              My great uncle in his Wales kit and cap. Finally framed and ready for the wall.
                              Great photo.

And a picture quiz to accompany it, I think I've got 3 Mr Men so far.

Comment

Yeah I only noticed the backdrop when I posted the photo and thought it would provide some bonus fun

Comment

Love that photo PT. Looks like it was taken in a photographers studio with the pastoral backdrop.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CNybak/status/1750983597475954745?t=5jAoZGFwdXpYXDQPhvB3gA&s=19

Comment

Nicked from the Howl:

Comment

Historical artefact:

1976. George Best and Rodney Marsh play for Fulham against Hereford (!) in Division 2.

You can see it on the still, or for more pause on 4 minutes, after Marsh scores. Best congratulates him in a way that had never been seen in England before*. Both had been playing in the USA.

(*yeah, that's the confident claim, entirely unproven because I'm not going through hours of footage to try and disprove it, but feel free to have a crack, if anyone anywhere can it'll be OTF... )

Comment

For no other reason than Wow!

Comment

https://twitter.com/BomboneraTears/status/1772027242819756486?t=F6phUYViByAIbLAc9UmLBQ&s=19

This is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                              For no other reason than Wow!

Comment

Comment

Nigel Pearson explaining the rules. Whatever happened to these two? They were barely heard from again

Comment

A new photozine was released today by Cafe Royal that focuses on goalkeepers in England. Click on thumbnails to see larger images.

https://www.caferoyalbooks.com/engla...gland-19551979

Comment

Working...
                                                    X