Best Player Nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Player Nicknames

(Inspired by the most recent Totally Football podcast).

Kiki 'Chris' Musampa
    'One size' Fitz Hall

martin "chariots" offiah

Comment

I used to play with a bloke called Andy something-or-other. His nickname was "Strap-on" (shortened, at least on the field, to "Strap"). Nobody, not even he, knew why he was called that.

See also: "Birdie". He was officially "Paul", but his nickname was based on the fact that he had a face "like a birdshit". Everybody, even he, knew why he was called that.

Comment

I think we've done this before, Gordon " jukebox " Durie is still the best.

Comment

Imre "Ollie" Veradi.

Comment

Gloucester Rugby have a player who’s nickname is 36. His name being Billy Twelvetrees (twelve 3s being 36)

Comment

I believe Gilles De Bilde was known as Bob at Sheffield Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                I believe Gilles De Bilde was known as Bob at Sheffield Wednesday.
                That's a 6 yard tap in, but good nonetheless.

Comment

Neil 'Disa' Pointon
                  Mike 'The Mighty String' Stringfellow
                  Last edited by nmrfox; 10-04-2020, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                    I used to play with a bloke called Andy something-or-other. His nickname was "Strap-on" (shortened, at least on the field, to "Strap"). Nobody, not even he, knew why he was called that.

See also: "Birdie". He was officially "Paul", but his nickname was based on the fact that he had a face "like a birdshit". Everybody, even he, knew why he was called that.
                    We had a guy known as Birdie on one of my O35 teams. No one knew his real name and he wouldn’t arrive at the ground from the road or car park, but would walk across from woods on the far side of the pitch.

On another team there was an occasional player known as Baby. A 60-odd-year-old guy, rather overweight and wheezy. Very friendly with a good touch, would just stay in the centre circle trapping and passing.

I was known as Chooky because (supposedly) I ran around like a headless chook. Clearly they just couldn’t see the artistry.

On writing the above, we’ve definitely done this before.

Comment

Working...
                    X