Coronavirus and WSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
    Have finally got round to signing up for the Supporters Club, but can I fuck get the podcast onto iTunes - the guidance on Patreon doesn't appear to bear any resemblance to the WSC page - seems to suggest I should have option to click the RSS feed and 'open in other app', but if that option is there then I'm not seeing it. Anyone willing to talk a technophobe through what I need to do?
    I'll include two sets of instructions. One for older Patreon and one for podcasts going forward.

1. For older podcasts, go the podcast, find the link, right click (Windows) or control click (Mac) and choose save as. Select a folder or location where you will know where to find the MP3 file when you are done. Go the MP3 file after it finishes downloading and right click (Windows) or control click (Mac) and choose Open With and select ITunes. That should do the trick. The only problem will be the name of the file probably doesn't stick with the naming of the files that normally download to iTunes for the non-patreon subscribers. So you might need to find the podcast in itunes to play it. This is a pet peeve of mine more generally. Most podcasters can't choose a consistent naming pattern to save their lives.

1b. Download the MP3 per the instructions above. But instead of the right click > open with Itunes trick. Open Itunes on its own, choose the podcast dropown, drag the MP3 into the window. Hopefully you will see it in the list and can play (but see my mini rant about naming patterns above).

2. For future podcasts, you will receive an email from Patreon. Click on the link and it will take you right to the new podcast. Follow all the other steps I just described in #1.

Comment

Cheers Daniel - once I finish work tonight I'll open a cold beer and see if I can get that to work.

Comment

Has anyone had the latest issue in the post yet? I've seen it in WH Smiths.

Comment

Yes, mine arrived yesterday.

Comment

Not had mine yet, and I'm usually one of the first to get mine.
            I'm not too concerned yet given the current situation.

Comment

I've still not had last month's, let alone the new one. Though it's hard to keep track right now.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                I've still not had last month's, let alone the new one. Though it's hard to keep track right now.
                You won't be getting either. They're not sending to non UK subscribers

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  You won't be getting either. They're not sending to non UK subscribers
                  Ah, I missed that memo. Not that I'm short of anything to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin the happy pig View Post
                    Has anyone had the latest issue in the post yet? I've seen it in WH Smiths.
                    WH Smith are open? Are they essential?

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Post Office is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                        Yes, mine arrived yesterday.
                        Yup, got mine yesterday or possibly even the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Newsagents

Comment

still waiting for mine - hopefully Monday !

Comment

So.

Having seen their plaintive cry about the collapse in newsagent sales, I've taken out a subscription again.

(even if they do go "phut" before it expires)

Comment

I used yesterday's hiatus to finally get round to giving a regular donation and ordering a T-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X