While We Still Can - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While We Still Can - Weekend Matchgoing

I'm in Cardiff on Saturday for Wales v Scotland in the Six Nations, which is somehow still on. I hope to precede that on Friday night with Cardiff RFC (the original club, now the semi-pro/development side attached to the Blues) versus RGC 1404 (the North Walian expansion side) in the Welsh Premiership at Cardiff Arms Park.

I have a work thing on in Cardiff on Saturday night so may try and squeeze in Cardiff Met v Cefn Druids in a first v second game for the lower half of the split Cymru Premier table as it's a 5:15pm kick-off.

After that, who knows when I'll get to a sporting event again.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-03-2020, 20:22.

It's going to be just me, isn't it?

Comment

Yes. Everything else will be cancelled.

Comment

Planning on Barry Town v Bala Town on Saturday (4.30pm kick off) and Cardiff v Leeds on Sunday (1pm kick off). The Sunday game seems most likely to get cancelled of the two. (He says, tempting fate)

Comment

I hope they cancel the theatre as well - I'm getting dragged there far too many times before my next game of Hungerford v Hemel which is supposedly on the 24th. It's bollocks - I'm being made to do a week in the office and a week working from home, so I could have ticked off some of the tricksy National North teams, although public health, the greater good and so forth...

Comment

Got to make the most of it, so here goes:

Friday: Fulham v Brentford - the £35 charged by Fulham for a Friday night televised game would make a win even more gratifying.

Saturday: Hythe Town v Cray Valley Paper Mills - long story as to why I'll be there but it's not surprisingly a new ground

Sunday: West Ham v Wolves - another new ground but just to tick it off. From what I've heard, it won't be a great experience.

Comment

I'm planning to take in Stevenage v Newport in League 2, in theory at least.

Comment

Theoretically Easington Sports v Shrivenham. Watching the Hellenic League isn't much different to self isolating.

Comment

Everything crossed that any suspensions are kept to the professional levels for the time being, in which case I'll be making the short trip to Marine v Ramsbottom, 3rd v 2nd in NPL1(NW).

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                    Everything crossed that any suspensions are kept to the professional levels for the time being, in which case I'll be making the short trip to Marine v Ramsbottom, 3rd v 2nd in NPL1(NW).
                    Does Marine's ground still have the metal railings near the touchlines which they had back in the seventies and which at the time struck me as potentially very dangerous (I've seen a schoolboy footballer accidentally nut himself on something similar here and it isn't funny)?

Comment

Lewisham Borough vs Croydon.

If you want to avoid large public gatherings then Ladywell Arena is the place to go

Comment

"Theoretically Easington Sports" is my favourite team name since someone mentioned "Putative Frankfurt" on here earlier in the week.

Comment

I was going to do a couple of errands and then try and get in to watch West Ham U18 v Fulham U18 but I imagine that will be a no-go.

I wasn’t going to go anywhere this Saturday but I now feel as though I should and a 14th v 12th game in the Bostik South Central Division has suddenly become a lot more appealing. Though it’s dependent on what time I’m out for dinner on Saturday evening.

Comment

Well, that's put a stop to my weekend viewing.

See you all on April 4th, maybe.

Comment

I don´t think it´ll be April 4th of this year...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Trin View Post
                                I hope they cancel the theatre as well - I'm getting dragged there far too many times before my next game of Hungerford v Hemel which is supposedly on the 24th. It's bollocks - I'm being made to do a week in the office and a week working from home, so I could have ticked off some of the tricksy National North teams, although public health, the greater good and so forth...
                                I’d happily see the theatre shut down given that I’m in a production of Macbeth which is due to open on 25 March and which has not had full attendance at any rehearsal since we started work on it in November and I’m still struggling with the lines. Bring on the full public shutdown, please!

Comment

I wonder how supporters felt when football was shut down for both world wars...

Comment

Half my planned games are off.

Don't know of the FAW will pull the rug as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Don't know of the FAW will pull the rug as well.
                                      And it's just been pulled. All domestic football off until 4 April.

Comment

So my football at Cardiff Met is off as per Patrick above but the planned rugby games remain, let's see how that devlelops (though I don't see the WRU changing their mind after re-reconfirming the game is on).

Comment

My option at Vale Farm has bitten the dust...

Comment

The Spartan South Midlands league have suspended all fixtures. No news yet from Conference, Isthmian and Southern Leagues....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              the planned rugby games remain, let's see how that devlelops (though I don't see the WRU changing their mind after re-reconfirming the game is on).
                                              Oh no it doesn't, they have.

Comment

We are all going to be seriously fucking bored for a long time. I'm struggling with the part of me that thinks that this is a good thing for the elderly (i.e. my 75 year-old parents who are in theory driving down to London to see me, my cat Beefy, Kensington Palace and The Play that Goes Wrong next weekend for Mothers' Day) and also people with pre-existing medical conditions, and the part of me that thinks that this is fucking insane pandemic pandemonium when the Government and its advisors (pinch of salt etc) made it clear that we weren't at this stage yet and that it was going to get a lot worse before it gets better and that the reality is that everyone will spend time at home doing a spot of ironing/weeding/pootling as the VPN is down and then go to the pub...
                                                Last edited by The Mighty Trin; 13-03-2020, 15:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post

Oh no it doesn't, they have.

Yes, I got the news as I got out of the cab at Paddington so at least I hadn't travelled already. Bizarrely the club rugby match tonight still appears to be on.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X