Thierry Bonalair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thierry Bonalair

A skillful player, nice turn of pace. Played for Nottingham Forest and now a scout for Lille.

Which players do you remember?

That is an interesting question. I remember lots of players. Bob Delgado. I remember him.

Comment

I distinctly remember Nordin Wooter. And Tarik Oulida also made an impression, somehow.
      Last edited by Wouter D; 24-01-2020, 20:51.

Comment

Robbie van de Laan (sp?) at Port Vale was pretty exotic at a time of few foreign players in the FL. He always looked like an industrious chap but I've no idea if he was any good.

Comment

Paul Pogba

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
            Robbie van de Laan (sp?) at Port Vale was pretty exotic at a time of few foreign players in the FL. He always looked like an industrious chap but I've no idea if he was any good.
            Conversely, Neil Emblen.

Comment

Whatever happened to Kiki Musampa?

Comment

Winston Faerber at Cardiff. A Dutch footballer at Cardiff. Who knew the Dutch could be average as well.

Comment

Tarek Al Taib a Libyan who played for Gaziantepspor and was one of the most talented players I've seen play.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                    Whatever happened to Kiki Musampa?
                    I had him typed out before I remembered Paul Pogba. Kiki Musampa and Tijani Babangida. I saw them play for Ajax against Manchester United in a preseason tournament in 1996. I think Musampa ended up at Manchester City, didn't he? Poor bastard.

Comment

Sven Christ at Grasshopper Zürich. I remember him because he wore the number 3 shirt and above that was printed the word CHRIST.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                        Bob Delgado. I remember him.
                        Played for us in the seventies. Didn't realise that he was black until he came back with Carlisle(?) and got chanted at by the knuckle-dragging element of the Tivoli. I was delighted when he scored the winning goal in front of the fuckers...

Comment

For a brief period, arguably the most talented player for San Jose was Dario Brose.

(He's from Brooklyn.)

Comment

Arjan de Zeeuw. Barnsley's best player in their sole top flight season and thus arguably the best they've ever had.

Comment

When I was small, Bolton bought a Polish winger called Tadeusz Nowak, which was dead exotic of the time. Shame he wasn't much cop.

Comment

For many years the only player who gained a full international cap whilst playing for Rotherham was Ray Mielczarek, who got a Welsh cap in 1971...

Comment

A good time to remember Taribo West, who became a pastor after retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                                    Another Dutchman at Port Vale at the same time as Robin van der Laan was Nico Jalink. He was very good when he returned to the Netherlands and played for Sparta Rotterdam

Comment

When I was a student at Wolverhampton poly I went to an away game at Villa with a Blues fan. I only had eyes for the ageing Archie Gemmill but the mental Birmingham fans sang ‘Tony, Tony Van Mierlo, Tony Van Mierlo, Tony Van Mierlalalalala’ all through the game.

I remember little of his performance so I suspect we’re talking another mediocre Dutchman. With a perm.

Comment

Branko Strupar

Comment

Ronnie Glavin was the Barnsley hero of my youth.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/club/oa...lavin-profile/

Comment

Working...
                                          X