Best Game You've Attended As A Neutral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    I haven't watched many games as a neutral and the few that I have been to were wholly-unremarkable low-scoring affairs.

The best was probably the Alan Cork testimonial game at Plough Lane when the entire Wimbledon team mooned the crowd from the half-way line.

I'd taken my mum to the game and had to inform her that this wasn't a regular occurrence at football matches.

Can't remember the score.
    0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 by the look of it.

Comment

I've not attended many games as a neutral, and the ones I have tended to be bloody dour - I'm looking at you Cirencester v Wealdstone in 2007 (or 2006 - I can't be certain), and you Portsmouth v Bolton in 2006.

However, the most complete performance I've been witness to was when Man City trounced West Brom at The Hawthorns in 2016. My City supporting son bloody loved it and Aguero's goal that day was fantastic. Our old next door neighbours were WBA season ticket holders and they had a do of some sorts. They knew my eldest liked City so offered me their tickets for the game. We had seats right behind the benches and even though he had his City top on, the fans around us were fantastic.

Probably our best day out as step-father and son.

Comment

1993 Intercontinental (Toyota) Cup, Tokyo

Sao Paulo 3-2 AC Milan

Scoring:

Sao Paulo: Paulinha 19' ... Toninho Cerezo 59' ... Muller 88'

Milan: Massaro 48' ... Papin 81'

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 by the look of it.

Heh. Yes. Definitely the look of the results from Serie A in the mid-70s.

Comment

Everton - Coventry at Goodison in the last game of the 97-98 season. Everton was in danger of going down and needed a win to be certain to stay up. They got a draw, which turned out to be enough, There was a really tense atmosphere at Goodison towards the end of that game, followed by a post-match celebratory pitch invasion which turned into a mass demonstration against the chairman.

Comment

Czech Republic 3-2 Netherlands (June 2004) 'Playground football'.

Cray Wanderers 2-0 AFC Wimbledon (December 2004) The end of Wimbledon's seventy-eight game unbeaten run.

Tranmere Rovers 2-0 Hartlepool United (May 2005) Second-leg of play-off semi-final. Pools won on penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
                My late stepfather told me he attended the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden where Real Madrid dished out a tasty 7-3 hammering to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Almost all of that crowd were neutral and I think over time, one million Scots have claimed to be there.
                Somewhere recently I saw some gorgeous colour footage of that game taken by someone on the terraces with a handheld 8mm camera.

Comment

the 1991 Scottish cup final, motherwell 4-dundee utd 3, by a considerable distance
                  the 2007 UEFA cup final at hampden,2-2 between sevilla and Espanyol was decent too

Comment

Working...
                  X