4th round Qualifying weekend: 18th-20th Oct weekend match going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th round Qualifying weekend: 18th-20th Oct weekend match going

York City v Stockport county for me and a few mates from university who are having a bit of a get together in the Yorkshire capital.

Football in name I suppose, but watching Buffalo Bills at home to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Am also hoping, work day permitting, to get along to the Sabres hosting the San Jose Sharks on Monday night. Have never been to either an NFL or NHL game before so really looking forward to these.

Comment

We're off to Mallorca for half-term, and who should they be at home to tomorrow night but Real Madrid. Except I've just gone on their website and it's sold out. So no football this weekend.

Comment

That sounds like a great weekend, fox.

Wimbledon v Portsmouth with my boy for me, hoping The Dons' slight upturn in form continues.

Apart from that the weekend is about watching an absolutely fantastic-looking set of Rugby World Cup quarter-finals on TV that will fill both mornings.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-10-2019, 11:13.

Comment

I should be on the march tomorrow, skipping Wembley's home game with something called Eynesbury Rovers, but I can't walk, so I'm meeting a mate who's come up from Bristol for the march in the sports bar at Marylebone, so we can catch up and keep an eye on the Millers' score.

Comment

An early start to head up to watch Wigan v Forest for me on Sunday. There is no warm fuzzy feeling of anticipation.

For personal reasons I'd love it if Japan beat South Africa in the rugby onion. Shame I'll be on a train when it's on..

Comment

Chelsea V Newcastle for me tomorrow, sandwiched by the rugby in the morning and possibly, depending on timings, a trip to Westminster to watch the street theatre around the Brexit vote.

Comment

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Comment

No League match for me again this week as I don't go away anymore. It's worked out that the next League game I see could be November 23rd - I haven't been since Sept 28th. That being said, I may go and watch the second half on Tuesday against Macclesfield.

That just leaves my son's under 9 game tomorrow morning. His team got walloped 23-0 last weekend and they were pretty demoralised afterwards (turns out none of us were aware of the mercy rules) but they were back up for it at training on Tuesday, so as long as they enjoy themselves tomorrow I'll consider it a successful game.

Comment

Marine v Marske Utd on Saturday. Would rather be at the wonderfully ramshackle venue that BB&F! has got lined up though.

Comment

Bohemians away to St Pat's in the league, 2nd last game of the season, still need a point to guarantee European football next year. Sweaty palms all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                        ... skipping Wembley's home game with something called Eynesbury Rovers...
                        Eynesbury's a suburb of St Neots, if St Neots is large enough to have suburbs. The football team were long-standing members of the United Counties League, but the footprint of the UCL has moved a bit further north as part of the FA's pyramid restructuring, so rather than be a south-eastern outlier Eynesbury Rovers were transferred over to the SSML in the summer.

Comment

Will likely watch City v Shrewsbury tonight on iFollow and going to Haringey Borough v Yeovil tomorrow afternoon. First visit to Coles Park this season, but will quickly follow it up with a second next Saturday.

Comment

Couple of cup ties, both likely to result in comfortable home wins. Tonight it's Rylands v Barnton in the North West Counties League Cup, then tomorrow its Penrhyncoch v Cardiff Corinthians in the Welsh Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
                              York City v Stockport county for me and a few mates from university who are having a bit of a get together in the Yorkshire capital.
                              Sadly, due to the late kick-off, long-established evening plans have ruled me out of this one, which there's a fair chance will be the last ever FA Cup game at Bootham Crescent.

I'll be taking advantage of one of the many unwanted season passes among my acquaintances to check out Hull v. QPR instead.

Comment

Brentford v Millwall - no surprise there.

Possibly Mansfield v Salford City on Tuesday, mainly to tick off my last unseen team in the 91.

Oh and Forest v Hull on Wednesday.

Comment

St Johann Im Pongau is best known for being where the Sound of Music and Where Eagles Dare were filmed.

Sportzplatz St Johann is better known for its ice speedway, but tonight it was hosting TSN St Johann v Wals-Grünau. I watched the game from the pits.

Comment

Probably not going to Tamworth .

But

Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                      Eynesbury's a suburb of St Neots, if St Neots is large enough to have suburbs.
                                      It's not.
                                      I've always assumed Eynesbury was once a separate village, but as the nearby town grew the distinction ceased to make any sense. St Neots has something of an affectation for this kind of thing - Eaton Socon is much the same.

Comment

Anyway, I considered going to Royston vs Maldon & Tiptree, but I can't make it in time. So no games (of Football) to watch for me.

Comment

Somerset Trojans vs North Village Rams tomorrow at 3pm. Trojans vs Rams sounds like a kind of battle of the condom brands to me (probably just me).

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                            Will likely watch City v Shrewsbury tonight on iFollow and going to Haringey Borough v Yeovil tomorrow afternoon. First visit to Coles Park this season, but will quickly follow it up with a second next Saturday.
                                            Imps and Shrews serving up absolute shit on a stick tonight. Can't believe I spent £10 on this. Seen a new rule though. Shrews played a ball that hit off the ref and went off for a throw - now the ball given back to the team that was last in possession. Exciting times. The ref is motm.

Comment

What a dreadful game of football. Should be relieved that I only spent £10 on it. Shrews better side in second half and created many more chances. Bolger got himself sent off with 10 minutes left for what sounds like an elbow on the touchline at halfway (video footage not clear, but eyewitnesses say it was blatant). He's now going to miss 3 games and we don't have any recognised cover at centre back. Idiot. Michael Appleton must really not rate Harry Anderson at all.

Comment

Weekend off for me in terms of roundball. Will probs watch the eggchaser world cup games. Or some of them.

Comment

Eintracht Frankfurt 3 Bayer Leverkusen 0

Very much enjoyed this night. Frankfurt came out barking and were 2-0 up early on through Paciencia - just as they'd said they'd need to do to win the game. First goal after four minutes was a beautiful move and finish. Leverkusen, as expected, came back into it, but were defied by Eintracht's inspired second-choice keeper Frederik Rönnow, in for the injured Kevin Trapp. Nice story - Rönnow came in summer 2018 to replace Lukas Hradecky, had a poor start, Trapp was loaned in as the emergency option and bought outright this summer, Rönnow has barely had a look-in since. Great that this lad got the chance to show he's a decent keeper, got a standing ovation at the end. Bas Dost scored a third on the break. Crowd: 50,800.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X