No announcement yet.

La liga española 2019-20 (including Pique's Andorra): opiniones y rumores aquí

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just nature telling Barcelona that their star striker is 33 fucking years old next week, and they need to sort this nonsense out.

Comment

Sid Lowe's column today saying that both Xavi and Koeman turned them down, leading to all sorts of wild speculation in the Spanish press -- Thierry Henry's name has come up!

Comment

This whole Xavi thing leaves me very cold. He's been in qatar a long time. He says a lot of nice things about them. There's something a little offputting about some of these Barcelona lads, who put in a lot of effort to come across a certain way, but then you realize that they would happily fire a cruise missile into a school full of children, for a fist full of that sweet sweet oil money, and then tell you that the sheikh is a lovely person. I Know he's in japan now, but if you look closely at the scenes in Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi, you will see andres iniesta juggling a ball for cash, and making PR appearances on his employers behalf.

Comment

Valverde finally sacked. Quique Setien has signed a two and a half year deal.

Comment

Barca is back to being the joke club so, this guy as the Very Tenables of his age.

Comment

Erm, didn't venables win a league title, and reach a european cup final? When neither was normally on the cards for barcelona?

Comment

This is something of a niche alert but Rayo v Lugo is being transmitted live on youtube right now. About 30 minutes to go.

Comment

1 - 0 Rayo. Utterly awful game.

Comment

First game under Setien is in the books, Barcelona with 85% of the possession and win one-nil on a late Messi goal after Grenada went down to 10 men on a fairly harsh second yellow. Loads and loads of tippy-tappy combination play on display, as well as a setup that saw Jordi Alba playing very high-up the field and Sergi Roberto pinching inside (very much like what Arsenal have been doing with Saka/Maitland-Niles under Arteta) and a "front 3" of Griezmann, Messi playing centrally, and Ansu Fati wide right. It'll be interesting to see if this is the very defensive possession-as-defense tiki-taka (Betis often had problems with this) or whether we'll see something more explosive as the players get more used to the system.

Comment

Turns out Granada at home is a lot easier than, say, Valencia on the road. Barcelona again pile up a gigantic amount of possession against a home team that set up in a low-block 4-4-2 and while the Catalans had a handful of decent chances, Los Ches had much better ones, scoring two and spurning three times that many, with a saved penalty off of a Pique challenge that got nowhere near the ball and a third goal chalked off for a ridiculous Busquets dive on a corner to boot.

Comment

La Real absolutely roasting Madrid at the Bernabeu in the Cops
                        0-3 after 57 minutes

Comment

1-4 as I type.

Comment

It's better when we keep schtum

Comment

2-4. Never write off Madrid when it comes to remontadas.

Comment

Sorry

Comment

What's the story with Messi? He seems to have gone nuclear at Abidal, and he doesn't seem to be able to train any more. Is this all spiralling out of control?

Comment

He's sick of the players being blamed for the board's utter incompetence

Comment

I must say, I thought that that was extraordinarily "Brave" of abidal.

Did the players have something to do with it? We have been lead to believe that a certain someone has a lot more influence on managerial appointments than other players.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                        What's the story with Messi? He seems to have gone nuclear at Abidal, and he doesn't seem to be able to train any more. Is this all spiralling out of control?
                                        Messi's still training, I believe.

Comment

Don't confuse him with facts

Comment

This article would suggest that he's struggling to take a full part, and is playing with an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                              2-4. Never write off Madrid when it comes to remontadas.
                                              I went out of the room for a minute believing the score was 2-4. When I came back they were scoring another goal. 3-,4, I thought but I didn't realise that the previous one had been VAR'd out

Comment

Ends 3-4 with a red to la Real

Three of the semi-finalists are Mirandes, Granada and La Real

The winner of Athletic Club-Barcelona will be an immediate favourite for the trophy

Comment

I'm not sure that Athletic would be favourites against La Real.

Comment

I may have been over-influenced by La Real's run of poor form in the league.

Madrid's defence tonight was just atrocious.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X