Lucky p*ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky p*ss

We were talking about this last night,your team is one down,playing crap and the pre match pints are reaching their level so you decide "time for a lucky piss ". But like expecting your team to score from a corner it never works. Or does it?
    The only time I remember was three years ago, a relegation six pointer away to Bray Wanderers. After a few nervous pre match pints we arrived in the ground,almost straight away my brother needed a piss and headed off, 40 seconds in, bang! 1.0 , seven minutes later it was my turn ,as you guessed 2.0 leading to a comfortable 3.1 victory, anybody else?

I can't recall ever going for a piss while a game was going on. I always drain the tank before KO or at half-time.

Does that make me unusual?

Comment

I was in the pie queue (buying Pepsi- it was really hot and we’d smoked loads of dope before the match) when Brewster scored to beat Rangers and burst our Hampden hoodoo.
      For several years after, any tense game needing a breakthrough goal would lead my pals to start suggesting I must be thirsty or could I not go and stand in the Q just in case

Comment

Prior to them being demolished in the nineties the urinals on Port Vale's Lorne Street terrace afforded tall gentlemen a serviceable view of the pitch.

Comment

A friend insisted I waited for him to take a slash at the Lane right on kick-off one evening - and, needless to say, he took his time as I fretted over the match starting. Inevitably, a massive cheer told me that Klinsmann had put us 1-0 up while matey-boy was doing up his flies. I wasn't happy.

It wasn't 'lucky', though. We were playing Ipswich. And they'd just shipped nine at Old Trafford a few days before...

Comment

When my Cardiff season ticket holder friend invites me along, her Uncle always goes for a lucky piss at some point in the game. Cardiff got their winner against Wolves this past season while he was off luckily pissing.

Edit: and it was Junior Hoilett Rhymes With Toilet who scored!

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about lucky passes, why the asterisk?

I once missed a goal at Partick Thistle queuing for a Macaroni Pie because I was told they were running out. It didn't matter too much as they won 6-1.

Comment

The lucky piss routine has been going on with my mates and I for years.

Usually miss nothing when watching Salop though.

Comment

Ray, the reason for the asterisk is that bad language in thread titles can cause problems in work search engines, as for lucky passes , that describes my entire playing career.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                    The lucky piss routine has been going on with my mates and I for years.

Usually miss nothing when watching Salop though.
                    I missed a goal watching Salop due to going for a pee - it was Tony Naylor's for Cheltenham in a 1-0 win on Boxing Day in 2001. Under-age drinking (I was 17) before the game meant I simply couldn't hold it any longer.

I missed one this season as well, but I actually can't remember who it was against.

Comment

I'm partial to a lucky piss on the hour mark. It's only worked once, FA Cup semi final in 2012 when I missed Luis Suarez's equaliser against Everton, but I remain hopeful.

Comment

I can only remember having to go for a piss once during a game, and that was the FA Cup quarter-final v Spurs at Plough Lane in 1987. Never used to drink at a game, but that day we weren't driving, and had a few beforehand, and I was unprepared.

Place was very full. And the gents' were hideous. And I had a hole in my shoe.

Those were the days.

People who are serious about superstitions annoy me.
                        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 19-05-2019, 22:43.

Comment

The Old Showground had an on-terrace (well, off to the side a bit) urinal, basically a brick box with a gutter inside (although the whole floor was flooded with piss). You couldn't see the action though, so it wasn't uncommon to see people react to a roar by rushing out with matters still pretty much in hand.
                          And the entrances faced the pitch so quite often a clearance or stray pass would find its way in, whereupon a patron would emerge and cheerily toss the piss soaked ball to whoever was taking the throw in.

Comment

I've never had a piss at a football match. I've never drunk anything at a football match, either.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                              I've never had a piss at a football match. I've never drunk anything at a football match, either.

Yeh, well I'm with you on the piss bit, during the game at least, and I'm not a big one for queuing for over-priced beer or beverages, but I do it occasionally. You never have?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Yeh, well I'm with you on the piss bit, during the game at least, and I'm not a big one for queuing for over-priced beer or beverages, but I do it occasionally. You never have?
                                No. Not even at amateur games, which account for 99% of the football I've watched live in the last 20 years, and where the queues are considerably shorter than at professional games.

It's not that I disapprove of drinking at football games, I just don't do it. In Germany, it's "sausages and beer are part of the matchday experience", in Britain it is/was "Bovril and a pie". Yes, okay, but not for me.

I've never sung at a football game, either. Other people can if they want to, I just don't feel the need.

Comment

Blimey. I'm speechless.

Comment

There are two chaps who sit on my row at Rodney Parade who disappear together for two first half pees. This is after having arrived late. The first 45 minutes is like a bleedin parlour game letting them in and out.

Comment

Some strong bladders on this page. I can barely make it past a quarter of an hour into the game after three pre-game pints. The lads behind me have a sweepstake on what time I'll go first.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                        There are two chaps who sit on my row at Rodney Parade who disappear together for two first half pees. This is after having arrived late. The first 45 minutes is like a bleedin parlour game letting them in and out.
                                        Couldn't you just swap seats with them?

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                          Yeah, what is wrong with those guys? They're young as well. Although didn't only one of them come back?

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                            Some strong bladders on this page. I can barely make it past a quarter of an hour into the game after three pre-game pints. The lads behind me have a sweepstake on what time I'll go first.
                                            I think I may have spotted the cause...

Comment

I used to stand behind the goal at Whaddon Road so never had an issue, but when I started taking my kids I decided that the easiest thing would be to ensure I had aisle seats when I go. As sure as eggs are eggs, I made 4 visits to the loo in my eldest's first game.

The one time in my life I've actually used a bit of common sense.

Comment

Are we all just glossing over Treibeis's claim never to have had a piss, a drink or sung a song at a football game?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                  I used to stand behind the goal at Whaddon Road .
                                                  Oh, yeah, there's that handy low wall at waist height, isn't there?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X