Ch-ch-ch-ch-change Kit - Shirt Gallery 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
    I Then on the weekend Brentford had their red and white stripes and QPR their blue and white hoops which I don't remember happening before, and it was hard to tell the two teams apart (the different shorts and socks helped though).
    I'm hugely confused by this one BC, I have to say. Even if you're entirely black-an-white colour blind and can't tell blue and red apart surely the hoops / stripes are discernible?

Comment

It's not the worst but I get what Billy is saying if you're watching from the stand and there's a lot of players moving around in a cluster, https://youtu.be/epMSmGLzado?t=73

Comment

Getcha.... it's all quite white. Brentford almost entirely white backs aren't helping

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
          I've got a few general kit related questions.

I know that 'change' kits are more or less a thing of the past as everyone now wears 'away' kits. (We played Huddersfield at home on Saturday, and despite there being absolutely no clash whatsoever between red shirts and blue and white striped ones, they still wore a solid dark blue shirt.) However some teams still wear their regular kits when they play each other like Arsenal/Tottenham, Liverpool/Everton, both Sheffield clubs etc. Then on the weekend Brentford had their red and white stripes and QPR their blue and white hoops which I don't remember happening before, and it was hard to tell the two teams apart (the different shorts and socks helped though).
          Which other teams always wear their home kit when playing away at their rivals? Is it always derby match related? Which teams really shouldn't do this as their kits look too similar (Newcastle/Sunderland for example)? Or should they still do it even if it is difficult to tell them apart?
          my pet hate is when teams wear their away shirts when there would have been no clash with each in home colours and then theres a clash because of the away ones;for example, when inter had a white away shirt theyd wear this at Palermo who wear a light pink,ridiculous

Comment

What he said.

Comment

https://twitter.com/planetafobal/status/1219352290559131648

I don't believe a frequent poster has ever furnished the kit for a top flight side before (Central Cordoba in Argentina's Superliga)

Comment

Far out that a club named Hurricane have a hot air balloon for their badge

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post

my pet hate is when teams wear their away shirts when there would have been no clash with each in home colours and then theres a clash because of the away ones;for example, when inter had a white away shirt theyd wear this at Palermo who wear a light pink,ridiculous
                  My regular note pointing out that we are helping to enable this by adopting the term "away shirts/kit" when the correct descriptor is "change".

I was actually surprised Spurs didn't wear a change kit for the visit to Watford. Granted, it's more an issue with the plain back of the hosts' shirt rather than the halved front (the mismatch is another annoying factor) but in the low winter sun of an early kick off it appeared to be an issue :

Comment

Actually, didn't we have a whole thread for kit clashes (and non clashes) before?

There is also the sterling work done by this account (though it seems to wander off the original mission a lot nowadays) :

[URL]https://twitter.com/kitcrimes/status/1216458467516604417?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Nantes are wearing this kit at the weekend to commemorate today's anniversary of Emiliano Sala's death. Proceeds from the sales of it will go to two of Sala's early clubs in Argentina ;

https://twitter.com/FCNantes/status/1219555891017502720?s=20

Comment

The stranger things about Huracan is that someone thought it was a good name for a hot air balloon. Then again, being named Jorge Newberry can warp a man's judgement.

Comment

That’s nice from Nantes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            Actually, didn't we have a whole thread for kit clashes (and non clashes) before?

There is also the sterling work done by this account (though it seems to wander off the original mission a lot nowadays) :

[URL]https://twitter.com/kitcrimes/status/1216458467516604417?s=21[/URL]
                            when a team plays in change colours for no good reason(especially at home) I get a great deal of enjoyment if they end up getting beat
                            that nantes kit is very nice

Comment

Wearing your away kit at home is just weird, agreed.

Comment

All these weird kit choices are going to make watching old football matches in the future a nightmare. No one will have any idea who the away team was.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
                                  All these weird kit choices are going to make watching old football matches in the future a nightmare. No one will have any idea who the away team was.
                                  Yes, Roma-Juve is a fine example.... when I saw the pic I'd assumed Roma's away kit was the white one with orange, as their home kit often featured that orangey trim on their maroon home kit. And Juve have certainly had that deep blue colour as their change kit in recent years. No al calcio moderno, as they say in Rotherham.

Comment

There seem to be a whole slew of Premier League teams that have a green kit and if I’m only half paying attention to MotD I’ll struggle to realise which of them I’m watching.

Comment

Cheltenham have released a third kit to be worn on a special day for the club's season charity The Hollie Gazzard Trust on Feb 15th against Orient.

Story here: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/janua...own-white-kit/

All profits made on the kit are to be donated to the charity.

I never knew Hollie personally, but I know a lot of people who did as we grew up in the same village. It's fair to say she was an absolutely lovely girl, and the work that her dad has done in her memory with the Hollie Gazzard Trust is very commendable.

This is one of the very few occasions where I really don't mind my club not wearing their home kit for a home game.

Comment

Every game I watch in the Bundesliga - it seems that every away team is always playing in black? I just bought a new TV so I know that isn't the problem.

Comment

There is a lot of it going around, though a number (incl Union) are more dark grey, and Bayern's is navy.

Blame the "looks good with jeans" crowd.

Comment

For some reason Burnley have joined in the Chinese New Year celebratory shirt thing.

Comment

[/looks down at sponsor]

OK... where are LoveBet registered?

[/Googles]

MALTA?

Comment

I assume to comply with EU gambling rules or something.

Comment

That shirt is vile on so many levels, the jacquard print is actually the least offensive element.

Comment

I’m finding his hand position disconcerting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X