No announcement yet.

CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume the scoring tonight is some kind of topical tribute to the NBA play-offs.

Comment

Man City are clearly targeting Trippier as I thought they would.
      Spurs slack passing on the ball in midfield is not helping their cause and exposing the centre halves.

Comment

Liverpool go ahead after a VAR.

Comment

Why are Spurs players constantly showing their opponents inside and inviting them to shoot from 20 yards on their strong foot. Don't they read the pre match tactical reports?

Comment

bad tackle on KDB on Wanyama there.
            Luckily Wanyama is built like a tank or he could have been badly hurt.

Comment

"That's a biased opinion. Davies seems to play in his shell when he is not guaranteed first choice"

Well, I acknowledged my bias in my original post but pick Davies tonight and he is, by definition, "first choice".

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been the admiring spectator that Rose has been so far for any attack down Man City's right.

Comment

Sissoko injured by the looks of it, we are fucked for sure now.

Comment

Liverpool have had one attack and scored. Porto looking dangerous but toothless.
                  The table next to me is now populated by Mancs who are seemingly deliberately trying to sound like Liam Gallagher like some Londoners try to sound like Ray Winstone. Pricks.

Comment

It's amazing that there can be five goals Cakir reffed matched.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      "That's a biased opinion. Davies seems to play in his shell when he is not guaranteed first choice"

Well, I acknowledged my bias in my original post but pick Davies tonight and he is, by definition, "first choice".

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been the admiring spectator that Rose has been so far for any attack down Man City's right.
                      Davies was excellent the tail end of last season and the first month or so of this. Has been very poor since. He seems to play better then he seems to know he is the first choice rather than fighting for his place.
                      Danny Rose is first choice right back for Spurs, you would be hard pressed to find a Spurs supporter who would argue otherwise.

Comment

Porto are running themselves (and in Pepe's case, the opposition) into the ground.

Comment

"Davies was excellent the tail end of last season and the first month or so of this. Has been very poor since. He seems to play better then he seems to know he is the first choice rather than fighting for his place.
                          Danny Rose is first choice right back for Spurs, you would be hard pressed to find a Spurs supporter who would argue otherwise."

Left back.

Well, the regular Spurs watcher I've been messaging during the game answered a question about Davies' absence with "I don't know why he's not playing, we need his calmness" so, you know, opinions differ.

Comment

Seriously, at one point, Origi turned with the ball, passed it then about 2 seconds later Pepe ran straight through him. Then complained to the ref about getting booked.

Comment

Sorry, i didn't see my last post come up so repeated it.

Yes, you are correct, left back.

Well, the regular Spurs watcher I've been messaging during the game answered a question about Davies' absence with "I don't know why he's not playing, we need his calmness"
                              Rose deserves to be playing on current form. And I am a regular Spurs watcher as well as a season ticket holder.
                              What your friend calls calmness is an unwillingness to get forward in attack which would be detrimental to Spurs tactics of hitting Man City on the counter attack. Additionally, Rose pace would come in handy for covering the central defenders.
                              Last edited by Tactical Genius; 17-04-2019, 20:03.

Comment

I've been "networking". What have I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                  I've been "networking". What have I missed?
                                  Read my preview a minute before the game started.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                    Davies is not Spurs first choice left back.
                                    Rose plays all the big games when he is fit. A cursory glance at this seasons team sheets will prove that.

Davies was brilliant last season when Rose was out but has been poor since Rose has been fit.
                                    Sadly Davies does not pose Rose threat in the final third and he has even been poor recently defensively.
                                    I said "left back" as you said "Danny Rose is first choice right back for Spurs", a slip of the cursor I'm sure but worth clarifying.

I don't doubt Rose is first choice over Davies right now but that's not the point under discussion, I'm questioning the wisdom of that choice. I'm sure you don't feel your manager is infallible and the only Spurs watcher I know has also questioned the wisdom of it too.

Comment

Looking at the final 20 minutes of the first half, bringing on Llorente has been a mistake and he should have gambled on Skipp.
                                      Withdrawing Alli, Son and Moura has completely removed Spurs menace and Man City are not controlling the game and pusing further forward.
                                      Pep's plan will be to score another goal, bring on Fernandinho and spoil.

Comment

Someone tripped Aguero off the ball.

Comment

Good save (finally) by Lloris. Wrong-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I said "left back" as you said "Danny Rose is first choice right back for Spurs", a slip of the cursor I'm sure but worth clarifying.

I don't doubt Rose is first choice over Davies right now but that's not the point under discussion, I'm questioning the wisdom of that choice. I'm sure you don't feel your manager is infallible and the only Spurs watcher I know has also questioned the wisdom of it too.
                                            Ah, ok, I now see your point now.
                                            I thought you were arguing Davies was the first choice left back rather than who should be playing. Man City are playing well going forward as you would expect with Silva, Gundogan and KDB as an attacking triumvate behind Sterling, B Silva and Aguero.
                                            The Spurs back four are being pulled all over the place by Man City's movement and passing.
                                            I like Davies as a player, i can't see him being a difference on the pitch.

Potch is fallible, he should have brought on Skipp or Foyth in DM to replace Sissoko. Llorente has been a passenager and there is a big gap between him and the support players. I say as Spurs get a couple of half chances and Man City Score.
                                            Last edited by Tactical Genius; 17-04-2019, 20:21.

Comment

Bullet.

Comment

"Pep's plan will be to score another goal, bring on Fernandinho and spoil."

Just as I said.

Comment

Salah gets a second.

Comment

YEEHAH!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X