No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t think they do electronic tagging of kids. Yet.

Comment

I'm going to need some help with whatever the reference is in the Chips frame.

Comment

...or a frame-by-frame explanation, please.

Comment

Sir Chips Keswick, current chairman of Arsenal F.C.

He was reelected via proxy votes during last year's Annual General Meeting (apologies for Torygraph link), after a majority of people who were actually physically present voted against him.

Comment

Oh, I know all about Chips from Squires passim but what is he meant to be doing in that panel? It would appear to be a contemporary reference I'm missing.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 28-08-2018, 12:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              Oh, I know all about Chips from quires passim but what is he meant to be doing in that panel? It would appear to be a contemporary reference I'm missing.
              I guessed that it's something to do with a sex scandal/sex tape thing which has passed me by?

Comment

I suspected the same, who is our correspondent here on such matters?

Comment

Wonder if Mr. Gussett, who's based in Australia, is privy to information that we're not allowed...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    Oh, I know all about Chips from Squires passim but what is he meant to be doing in that panel? It would appear to be a contemporary reference I'm missing.
                    Well, that could very well be, but alternatively, we might be overthinking it.

Comment

Overthinking, definitely. It's just this week's excuse to get Gunnersaurus in there as a penis obscurer.

I got the Sexy Beast references with Kingsley, and I liked that Pep has his Catalan symbol on his dressing gown.

And emo-ourinho is getting better each week, although I'm not sure how much further he can go.

Comment

Is the Mr Chip pose not a Piers Morgan reference?

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                          And emo-ourinho is getting better each week, although I'm not sure how much further he can go.
                          To be fair, given his real-life track record, BDG probably won't have to drag it out very much longer ...

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                            Overthinking, definitely. It's just this week's excuse to get Gunnersaurus in there as a penis obscurer.

Pretty much, I asked BDG on Facebook and he replied "Nah, just an excuse to draw Sir Chips again."

Comment

Need some help with this weeks:

here

Who is the person in row 2 with the false fish eye supposed to be? and why is Pellegrini microwaving his shirt?

Comment

2 mascot panels this week but both references to things I've missed or didn't get.

I did like Emourinho's new do though.

Comment

Thistle's ghost goal: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45409768

Loved the "fitba" logo on the lino's pocket.

Comment

Yeah I didn't get much of this week's.
                                    Completed it
                                    The eye bloke (I presume the googly eye thing is a reference to that fishmonger in Kuwait)
                                    The whole Pellegrini thing
                                    Mirror shades

Comment

This is the fish eye reference (with added great gag) ;

https://twitter.com/Trudski2012/status/1036313332637204481

It's meant to be Mourinho looking happy but only with the addition of the fake eye.

Comment

Part of the Pellegrini thing is a reference to recently released action film 'Final Score' filmed at Upton Park ;

Not sure I understand the microwave/shirt reference though.

Comment

The mirror shades is a reference to the interview that muppet Glen Tamplin gave post-match on Saturday, which is on the thread dedicated to him here.

Comment

I'm similarly lost on 'Completed it' but it sounds like a video game reference so I'll ask my children.

Comment

Comment

Ah, that's a drop in quality from his usual TV references.

Comment

Ta Ray and ursus

Comment

The Inbetweeners is absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X