No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His ranting in that video is being compared to Arsenal Fan TV “contributors”, Bellerin is apparently having a feud with the channel.

Comment

I believe that the Riverdance reference is to the Wigan supporters’ celebrations in front of the Man City end following their FA Cup shock.

Comment

I missed that allusion, intrigued by the "work suit" part of it.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rave-new-world

Panel 5 had me rolling about* and the Mugabe army t-shirt is a very nice touch.

* in stitches, not clutching my knee

Comment

David Elleray is wearing a suit jacket over his old referee's kit.

Comment

Mugabe t-shirts are going to be a thing now amonb the terminally irony-poisoned, aren't they.

(Put me down for size L, capped sleeves)

Comment

What is "Stop talking our VARS down" riffing on?

Comment

A Brexiteers' trope, "Remoaners keep talking our country down, they want Brexit to fail."

Comment

Brexit - "Stop talking Britain down" is the stock response when rational people point out the flaws in the lead Brexiteers thinking.

Comment

Ah. Thanks

Comment

Are people really going to get that though? Or is it a well known Guardian thing?

Comment

I would have thought anyone with a vague knowledge of the Brexit shambles (and the satire around it) would get the joke.

Not a great strip this week, perhaps hard to follow the highs of the last few.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                            David Elleray is wearing a suit jacket over his old referee's kit.
                            More of a blazer really, as used to be the fashion :

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                              I would have thought anyone with a vague knowledge of the Brexit shambles (and the satire around it) would get the joke.
                              I like to think I have a vague knowledge of it, but I didn't get it

Comment

What word usually goes in the space that VARs goes in here? Brexit? Country? Glorious Future?

Comment

Britain.

I wasn't having a go at you, btw, but replying to pebble's comment.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-03-2018, 15:07.

Comment

No no I got that, I didn't take it as having a go, was just providing an anecdotal example of someone who hadn't heard that phrase. Or meme. Or whatever it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Not a great strip this week, perhaps hard to follow the highs of the last few.
                                      Eye of the beholder and all that - I enjoyed it immensely.

Comment

West Ham predictably provide good Squires material.

The last panel features a self-referential assassination of the Hammers mascot.

Comment

Excellent. Classic (possibly contemporary) Viz references, "The Dagmar" and, most importantly, references even I get.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tball-heritage in which he takes on the FA Cup.

Comment

Aioli!

Comment

Much better than their actual sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                                  Excellent. Classic (possibly contemporary) Viz references, "The Dagmar" and, most importantly, references even I get.
                                                  The Dagmar?

Comment

Rival pub to the Queen Vic in Eastenders. Burned down by Willmot-Brown.

(Why do I know this? I've never knowingly watched Eastenders.)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X