Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that Charlotte Church or Gabby Logan?

Comment

Judging by the visible aura and the anti-austerity badge, it's Church.

Jeroen Zoet's "Total something" caused a drink-spat-onto-keyboard moment.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:
        Originally posted by Charles de Gallois
        A tie between the Ian Holloway and Welsh frames as favourites for me.

There will have to be a mug/t-shirt of the latter, the uniforms point to a reference that I can't quite place and it's driving me mad.
        I thought they were Roman uniforms but I am not sure why they would be now.
        No, I'm pretty sure the whole frame is a sci-fi reference but can't place it.

Comment

No love for Sam Warburton carrying an egg?

Comment

Love from here, certainly.

I'd like to see Perpetually Outraged Suicidal Daily Mail Reading Dad again soon.

Comment

New Welsh Overlords was great but the frame that made me laugh was the look of haunted desperation on Roy's face as he contemplates the long, dark, sleepless night ahead.

Comment

The Mourinho - Wenger last frame on the one that E10 linked to is probably the one I have laughed at most outside the recent Diego Costa strip.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good strip, apart from the gavel. (They aren't used in British courts and since I had that pointed out to me I keep an eye out for them in the media.)

Comment

I think Bale's outfit might be a riff on the getup worn by the new Sith Lord-y type in the upcoming Star Wars film.

Comment

hot bird with a dragon, lads in kind of gladiator outfit, one carrying a cracked egg. I sense a GOT reference.

Comment

Oooh, I think TAB's got it in one there. Only read the books, me.

Comment

In the hope that BDG sees this and can make use of it in the future

Suarez bought Messi some pyjamas

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: hot bird with a dragon, lads in kind of gladiator outfit, one carrying a cracked egg. I sense a GOT reference.
                            Ah, never seen it.

Comment

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: In the hope that BDG sees this and can make use of it in the future

Suarez bought Messi some pyjamas

Fucking hell. He's even got a bit of a semi, bless him.

Comment

A dwarf? Lionel, he's taking the piss out of you son.

Comment

Ah, he was just messi-ng

Comment

ah I see where the problem is. Messi gives his baby all his paperwork to play with. No wonder he can't get on top of his taxes.

Comment

The second sentence in English is along the lines of:

What I don't understand is: why Grumpy?

So he probably does see himself as a dwarf, just one of the other six instead. But which one? Answers on a postcard...

Comment

I think I assumed that BDG honed his cartoons over the course of a week, or at least, he would start on Monday after the weekend's action and finalise on Tuesday, for publication on Wednesday. But this week's features a panel referencing a Tuesday night game (Holland) and the cartoon was in the paper (or at least the online version thereof) on Wednesday morning. When does it appear in print?

If you're around BDG, do you draw all the panels separately and then you can add in one or two late to make sure you catch the latest events?

Comment

He got Cameron/Pig's head gag in very quick too, unless... David has an inside track, and is tipped off in advance about political scandals and fixed international football matches?

Comment

ad hoc wrote: I think I assumed that BDG honed his cartoons over the course of a week, or at least, he would start on Monday after the weekend's action and finalise on Tuesday, for publication on Wednesday. But this week's features a panel referencing a Tuesday night game (Holland) and the cartoon was in the paper (or at least the online version thereof) on Wednesday morning. When does it appear in print?

If you're around BDG, do you draw all the panels separately and then you can add in one or two late to make sure you catch the latest events?
                                              Back page of today's Guardian Sport section.

Comment

Me? I'm looking forward to the one following the verdict of the Chris Cairns trial.

Comment

I am glad of the interpretive and contextualising skills of various posters. I wouldn't have got the GoT reference.

I assumed Bale was wearing a samurai outfit in reference to his silly hairstyle.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote: I am glad of the interpretive and contextualising skills of various posters. I wouldn't have got the GoT reference.

I assumed Bale was wearing a samurai outfit in reference to his silly hairstyle.
                                                    I'd assumed GoT because of the dragon and Ms Church, front and centre.

(But wouldn't have recognised or known which characters they were supposed to be parodying.)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X