No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably just an amalgam of all the men of a certain age who have had their fond memories of Le Tinfoilhat destroyed by his batshit outbursts.

Comment

That British to be a minority by 2066 thing. Did it happen? I don't remember reading about it anywhere else.

Comment

It absolutely did happen, yes. Pathetically.

Comment

Daft thing is that the British are already a minority. By my reckoning, we make up just under one percent of the population, 60 million out of over 6 billion...

Comment

Closer to 8 billion at this point.

Comment

Even more of a minority...

Comment

With sensible citizenship laws, we can easily ensure that the British are always in the high 90s per cent of the population of Britain. But of course that's not what the banner writer meant by "British".

Edit: actually, historically, didn't the "British" (in another sense) become a minority in Britain at some point in the first millenium AD?
                Last edited by Evariste Euler Gauss; 20-04-2022, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post

Edit: actually, historically, didn't the "British" (in another sense) become a minority in Britain at some point in the first millenium AD?
                  I'm all for sending immigrants home. Let's start with the Angles and Saxons. Dyn ni'n eisiau ein gwlad nol.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    Very sweet one today (in his australian version) about a mate who has just died https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng...1bMQIA0lvwfYSU

(the baked beans crawley town analogy is spot on)
                    That's really beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                      The Names for these countries in irish would suggest that for a really long time Irish people have long believed that Britons live mostly in brittany (Breatain Mor, or great britain) and wales (Breatain bheag or little britain) whereas England is the land of the saxons (Sasana) and they called Scotland Albainn, because that's basically what they call themselves. Scots gaelic place names differ only really in calling wales a variation of Cymru, and referring to Brittany as Breatain or Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        calling wales a variation of Cymru
                        Chuimrigh.

Comment

Bless you.

Comment

What's the ballboys / Hitchcock reference in the new one?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...hodgson-mascot

Comment

Moyes kicked a ball at a ball boy.

Comment

"Cruyff on a bike"

Comment

Okay, well, I'll never again hear that Outkast track without thinking of the new lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                    Moyes kicked a ball at a ball boy.
                                    Yeah

I wanted to know the Hitchcock (The Birds) reference

Comment

One for the Wales contingent

Comment

I laughed a lot. Particularly at the Gareth Bale panels.

Comment

If I could, I’d shell out for a print, it had me in stitches…

Comment

Originally posted by MarkF View Post
                                            If I could, I’d shell out for a print, it had me in stitches…
                                            https://guardianprintshop.com/collec...-the-world-cup

Comment

Why Leo?

Comment

Who's the bloke between Trump and Dorries in the last panel

Comment

Brenda's favourite child, no?

Comment

Ah yes. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                                    X