Going, gone or just gossip - summer 2011 transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my friends has pointed out that Chelsea have a potential forward line of Kalou-Lukaku-Kakuta.

If we get Kaka and stick him up front we could have a tactical formation from the 1930s and the lyrics for a future Eurovision hit all in one.

Comment

that's brilliant.

Comment

Rumor of Robbie Keane going to the Galaxy.

Comment

Incandenza wrote:
          Rumor of Robbie Keane going to the Galaxy.
          And Leicester.

Comment

Fox Soccer says $8 million over 2 years from the Galaxy.

Comment

The rumours of Coloccinni leaving Newcastle for Valencia are trending on Argentinian twitter now. £5m!.
              The main Depor fans website had him and Xisco leaving for Depor & Valencia last week.

Christ I hope theyve got enough players to put a team out next week.

Comment

Sundeporino wrote:
                The rumours of Coloccinni leaving Newcastle for Valencia are trending on Argentinian twitter now. £5m!.
                incredibly poor rumours, sourced from an italian website of no note.

Comment

Freddy Adu has joined Philadelphia Union from Benfica.

Biggest hype-bluff of the last decade?

Comment

Love Bites would be better.

Comment

Robbie Keane: "I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true."

At least he managed to stop himself saying he'd supported them as a boy.

Comment

good god CV, that is incredible.

Comment

England's bane in 2004 returns to Portugal (Vitória de Setúbal, to be precise).

Comment

L'Equipe has linked Arsenal with Eden Hazard (Lille), Marvin Martin (Sochaux) and A Ayew of OM.
                            They should buy the lot. They will double their cash when they eventually feed them on to MUFC/MCFC/ MegaFC

Comment

Pompey have re-signed Benjani after he turned done a new contract at Blackburn.

It's amazing the amount of good feeling that a returning cult-hero can generate. I've not stopped grinning since the news broke at the weekend, and I'm really not sure why!

It also looks likely that we'll be signing striker Erik Huseklepp from Bari.

All this brings the total number of players up to the heady total of about 19. A full subs bench awaits!

Comment

loose cannon wrote:

L'Equipe has linked Arsenal with Eden Hazard (Lille)...
                                Eden Hazard is right up there with Alf Tupper and Skid Solo in the cool-names-for-sportspeople ranking.

Comment

Leon Tricker wrote:
                                  All this brings the total number of players up to the heady total of about 19. A full subs bench awaits!
                                  I was amazed to see when we played you a couple of weeks back that not only was your squad ridiculously small, but that it included the positively geriatric Kanu, Hreidarsson and even Christian Dailly. There was a definite "oh, is he still playing?" moment among the Boro fans when the latter came on.

Comment

Christian Dailly is still playing?!

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Fussbudget wrote:
                                        Leon Tricker wrote:
                                        All this brings the total number of players up to the heady total of about 19.
                                        A full subs bench awaits!
                                        I was amazed to see when we played you a couple of
                                        weeks back that not only was your squad ridiculously small,
                                        but that it included the positively geriatric Kanu,
                                        Hreidarsson and even Christian Dailly. There was a definite
                                        "
                                        oh, is he still playing?
                                        "
                                        moment among the Boro fans when the latter came on.
                                        There's certainly still a sense of realism among Pompey fans -
                                        we are grateful to have a team to watch at all, and I think
                                        the vast majority of fans know that we should be 'living within
                                        our means' (I think Tal Ben Haim is now the only 'hangover' in
                                        terms of ridiculous wages.)

We're told that all our transfers are within budget, and I think
                                        that's important not just for the health of the club but also
                                        the perception of the club within football.

Very few people down here are calling for the new owners to
                                        splash cash around - no one wants a repeat of the misdeeds of
                                        the various former regimes.

I think all that most fans want is enough players to make us
                                        competitive. If having Kanu, Hreidarsson, and Dailly in the
                                        squad means we can field a full team and subs bench each
                                        game then I'll be more than happy. And to be fair to Kanu and
                                        Hreidarsson I think they still have enough quality regardless
                                        of age. I've not seen enough of Dailly yet to judge properly.

Comment

Ibrahima Sonko is claiming that Ipswich have told him to expect a contract in the next few days. Which would make him the fifth player aged 30+ to sign over the summer.

Comment

David Agnew wrote:
                                            Ibrahima Sonko is claiming that Ipswich have told him to expect a contract in the next few days. Which would make him the fifth player aged 30+ to sign over the summer.
                                            Blimey. He was awful for us last season. I know it's not customary for beggars to be picky, but Sonko was an exception!

His cause wasn't helped by his 'celebration' with Reading fans and players after they snatched a late equaliser at Fratton Park early in the season. All game he looked like he would rather be playing for them again than us.

His official website is hilarious.

Comment

David Agnew wrote:
                                              Be afraid. Be very afraid.

You want to make it 6? Well you can, because:-

WE'VE JUST SACKED JIMMY BULLARD!!!!!

Drink, anyone?

Comment

Won't Bullard be a likely recipient of QPR's new owner's largesse to add to their similarly teak-tough hardy new intake of Gabbidon and Dyer?

Comment

Has James Lawton officially lost it?

I remember a short discussion about Lawton on a footballing thread some way back in the mists of time, where I thought - and still think - that his column was a simplistic and easy love letter - drenched in verbiage at times (why use two simple words where 50 will do?) - to the great and good of sport that pauses for short measures to give a mild rebuke to the downsides of the same. Lawton's main concerns are obvious ruminations about the fortunes of those clubs/managers/players near the highest summit with either rare or non-existent forays into those areas where glamour, power and the best of the best dare not tread - lower-league clubs on the brink of administration, say. If he can write about how Tiger Woods is doing on the other side of the world, then he can spare a few words on a League Two club scraping the financial barrel, can't he?

But he won't. Wait another couple of weeks for another 'portrait' of Fergie or Rooney, or another obsequious arse-lick of a Chelsea player. Or something infinitely worse to match that Fabregas shit he wrote just now.

Yeurgh.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                                    Won't Bullard be a likely recipient of QPR's new owner's largesse to add to their similarly teak-tough hardy new intake of Gabbidon and Dyer?
                                                    Ha, yeah, that looks very likely. Just wanted to try and excite the Ipswich fans among us. Er, yeah.

Lots of happy fans round here after hearing today's news. Good fucking riddance.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X