The OA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OA

Anyone watching / watched this? It seems after Stranger Things Netflix seems to have identified a solid seam of weird and compelling TV.

The OA

We're about half way through. It's more interesting than the over-rated Stranger Things. But I'll reserve judgement for now.

Comment

The OA

I watched this in one sitting last night. Brilliant at times, but equally maddening at others.

Spoiler:
      I could have done without the interpretive dancing to be honest.

Comment

The OA

Stumpy's spoiler ruined this for me.

I love January and its shite vibe and weather - great excuse for staying in. We (me, the frau and eldest daughter) watched this all week and really got involved. Brilliantly acted, very gripping, lots to discuss. Still talking about it - the clues and pointers and red herrings, and if there'll be a second series.

One thing I really loved was the evocation of the US suburbs, though not in a good way. They reminded me of the suburbs of Maryland and Virginia where I used to drop off players on my soccer teams after practice - these dead and soulless, winding backwaters with unnecessarily huge new-builds made from ply-board and selling in the millions, hiding the neighbours from each other unless there was something to scare them into communicating. You'd watch a mono-tongued kid walk up the path and disappear inside and wonder what they connect they felt to their entire environment.

Comment

Working...
        X