Bad Santa 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Santa 2

It's all in the title. Bad Santa was bad. Bad Santa 2 is bad too.

Why did I go and see the sequel to a film that was shit first time around? That's the hazard of going to Sneak Preview, when you don't know what you're getting. Though with BS2 you quickly do know - shite one-liners trying to out-shock the previous shite one-liner with miserable characters saying 'fuck' a lot. Left after an hour, and it only took us so long because the first time frau imp suggested we left I misheard her and thought she was telling me that Billy Bob Thornton and Kathy Bates looked the same age. Otherwise we'd have been out after 20 minutes.

Here's the original thread from OTF Vintage, where JV gives it ten out of ten, and lots of OTFers agree.

Bad Santa 2

Erm, didn't mind Bad Santa at all, minus maybe the tacked on happy ending. Ghost World and (especially) Crumb are worth a watch from the same director. I'd rather eat necrotic abscess pus than watch such a pointless sequel but.

Comment

Bad Santa 2

It's funny. Much as I love OldTF that imp linked to, the complaints about small text on this iteration are put into sharp context looking at that.

Comment

Bad Santa 2

Bad Santa was a fucking hilarious film. An absolute classic. I think the sequel will have no chance of living up to the shock value of the first and as a result taint the original, rather like Zoolander. It should have been left as a stand alone film. Sadly it would seem that all parties involved are thinking only of the potential takings.

Comment

Working...
        X