X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A film for otf

Christopher Haden Guest and the latest addition to his oeuvre:

"Mascots" -

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/11/christopher-guest-on-life-as-a-baron-and-how-wife-jamie-lee-curtis-picked-him-out-of-a-magazine

A film for otf

Yes, I would very much like to watch that.

Inspiration originally obtained from going to a Leyton Orient match apparently.

Comment

A film for otf

Dunno about Chris O'Dowd featuring in it. He's a bit too Chris O'Dowd in everything he does to happily fit into a Guest film, I'd have thought.

Comment

A film for otf

Is that the bloke off Veep and Silicon Valley? Yes, he does grate a bit.

Comment

A film for otf

He's the Irish guy from The IT Crowd (haven't seen the two you mention).

Comment

A film for otf

I watched the trailer on that article, and saw him. Does a bit of searching - Zach Woods is who Im thinking of

Comment

A film for otf

Maybe he's read OTF and the mascots will discuss their individual approaches [strike]of[/strike] to minute's silences.

Comment

A film for otf

I imagine Mrs Thistle will be excited by that. The minutes silences thread is the only thing I have ever shown her on here and she loved it.

Comment

A film for otf

Looks fun; but I hope they fly Gunnersaurus in to sort them all out.

Comment

A film for otf

It's on Netflix! Have put it in our list of stuff to watch.

Comment

A film for otf

Watched it last night. I'd describe it as amiable, but not a classic. It follows the Best In Show recipe to the letter. There are six-or-seven laugh-out-loud moments. A lot of regulars are present and correct.

One competition entrant is a butcher from Croydon who dresses as a hedgehog.

Comment

A film for otf

I've seen the trailer and can safely say that it will not be on my to watch list.

Comment

A film for otf

Bit more here:

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/786600679808704512

Comment

A film for otf

If you like his stuff and have a Netflix subscription, then watch it. Otherwise, wait until it comes around.

Comment

A film for otf

Benjm wrote: Dunno about Chris O'Dowd featuring in it. He's a bit too Chris O'Dowd in everything he does to happily fit into a Guest film, I'd have thought.
                              He was in the show that Guest did for HBO that lasted for a season.

Comment

A film for otf

Watched it tonight. Nice fun film. Not too taxing. Made me laugh a couple of times. Sid the Hedgehog's routine was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X