Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Rickman RIP

Oh no.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/alan-rickman-giant-of-british-film-and-theatre-dies-at-69?CMP=twt_gu

Alan Rickman RIP

Oh, no. 69 is becoming the new 27.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Goddamn it. He was great.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

I enjoyed him in, I think, everything I saw him in.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

For fuck's sake! Desperately sad news.

I know these things get elided together but we seem to have lost too many greats too early in the arts in recent weeks.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Christ, can brilliant people stop dying please? First Lemmy, then Bowie, now Alan Rickman.

Awful, awful news.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Crusoe wrote: I enjoyed him in, I think, everything I saw him in.
              This goes for me too.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

2016 has been shit so far, hasn't it?

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Strangely, the (excellent) Kevin Keegan parody account on Twitter has made a couple of the best comments on recent events for me:

"I'm not the kind of man to criticise an individual year but two weeks into 2016 I felt it needed to take a long hard look at its decisions."

(in discussion with Laika, the astronaut dog) "'Yes, I heard Bowie spent a few decades on earth,' Laika said. 'Now he's moved on to somewhere new. I can't wait to hear what he does next.'"

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Bollocks. Top class actor, and, in films like Galaxy Quest, he wasn't afraid to show his comedy chops.

RIP, sir.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

You know who could play David Bowie? Alan Rick... ah, bollocks.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

A very sad loss Perhaps this thread should have been called 'Mr Rickman will not be joining us for the rest of his life'.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

I see David Bowie is as influential as ever.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

The youngsters in our office are all thinking 'Harry Potter', the thirty-somethings 'Die Hard', my first thought was Truly, Madly, Deeply and Les Liaisons Dangereuses. How old am I feeling right now...

Another sad loss, and I've just heard a work colleague has passed away as well, it's a shitty week.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Galaxy Quest might be my favourite thing he ever did. He was even brilliant in Love Actually.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

This guy came first to mind for me. A very sad loss.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Anorak Smith wrote: The youngsters in our office are all thinking 'Harry Potter', the thirty-somethings 'Die Hard', my first thought was Truly, Madly, Deeply and Les Liaisons Dangereuses. How old am I feeling right now...
                                  I thought I'd seen him in loads of roles. After checking his filmography, the only one I actually did see was "Thérèse Raquin".

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Disco Child Ballads wrote: Galaxy Quest might be my favourite thing he ever did. He was even brilliant in Love Actually.
                                    "even"? I think you mean "especially". Next Xmas is going to be tough with the annual viewings of LA and 'Die Hard'.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Ray de Galles wrote: Next Xmas is going to be tough with the annula viewings of LA and 'Die Hard'.
                                      Call it off?

I watched the ropey remake of Gambit the other day and he was by far the best thing in it. It was a good reminder of his talent as, Harry Potter aside, he didn't seem to have been churning films out at a De Niro-esque rate in recent years.

He was a decent sort in life, solid Labour supporter and active patron of a number of charities, including one that Mrs Benjm has a special interest in.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Liked his film work, but his stage Anthony opposite Mirren's Cleopatra at the National was one of very worst wooden & mumbling performances I've ever endured.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Galaxy Quest was great, but my favourite film with Rickman in was Dogma. A dreadful shame that he's gone too. 2016 has been really shit so far.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

slackster wrote: Liked his film work, but his stage Anthony opposite Mirren's Cleopatra at the National was one of very worst wooden & mumbling performances I've ever endured.
                                            Yes, for some reason he seemed to play Antony as though he was clinically depressed.

Otherwise, I liked some of his work, especially in one of the several excellent bits of Love Actually.

RIP.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Oh, no. 69 is becoming the new 27.
                                              On the plus side both Donald Trump and George W Bush are both 69 years old.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

Sean of the Shed wrote: Galaxy Quest was great, but my favourite film with Rickman in was Dogma. A dreadful shame that he's gone too. 2016 has been really shit so far.
                                                I've been watching some of his scenes in that since the news was announced. As everyone said at the time, he was at his most Frankie Howerd in that role.

Comment

Alan Rickman RIP

The department store scene in Love Actually with Rowan Atkinson is the best part of the movie. "What are you going to do next? Dip it in yogurt? Cover it in chocolate buttons?"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X