Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Your Usual Table; 02-11-2021, 23:03.

Room

It is quite a bold move naming your film something so close to what is widely considered the worst movie ever made.

Comment

Room

Ginger Yellow wrote: It is quite a bold move naming your film something so close to what is widely considered the worst movie ever made.
      There are about four films on IMDB called The Room and they all have shit ratings. Which one?

Comment

Room

The Tommy Wiseau one.

Comment

Room

The source book is wonderful, but I've no real desire to see the film. I think you could probably do either / or with this one. It's a great story.

Comment

Room

I saw this yesterday with my wife who is a big fan of the novel upon which it is based.

It's a really well made film. Excellently directed in that it manages to capture the initial sense of claustrophobia and latterly a sense of disorientation.

The two main characters are fantastic. The boy in particular gives an amazingly nuanced performance for one so young and Brie Larsson's face superbly conveys so many different emotions - mainly variations of sorrow - throughout the course of the film.

As you'd expect given the subject matter it's quite a harrowing film and at times you watch with an impending sense of dread. But, without wishing to give too much away for those unfamiliar with the plot, the film ends on a vaguely positive note.

Comment

Room

this is a great movie. previously i couldn't have imagined myself tearing up at the sight of a kid being introduced to a dog but i can now.

Comment

Room

Watched it last night. Absolutely wonderful performances from Brie Larson (i'd forgotten she was Scott's ex in Scott Pilgrim) and Jacob Tremblay.

Comment

Room

Disappointing lack of boom shake shake shaking.

I expected more from a Will Smith biopic.

Comment

Room

how did jacob tremblay not get nominated for an oscar? his performance shits all over leo, fassbender, damon etc.

Comment

Room

Yeah, bit of a mystery that one. The whole film works because their relationship appears so natural and credible. He contributes as much to that as Brie Larson. I guess kids get tend to get overlooked as they're not often as integral to a film as he is.

Comment

Room

Quvenzhané Wallis got nominated for Beasts of the Southern Wild a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X