Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fargo (II)

It's back.

And if the rest of the season matches the first episode, I'll be sitting on the couch with my jaw round my knees well into the New Year.

Not going to say much because I realise not many will have seen it yet, but I know I'm going to be referring back to the opening montage repeatedly in the coming weeks. Just so content-heavy it's unavoidable.

Fargo (II)

Have to say I've been looking forward to this too. I still have the whole of season one on my hard drive...

Comment

Fargo (II)

Amor de Cosmos wrote: It's back.

Not going to say much because I realise not many will have seen it yet, but I know I'm going to be referring back to the opening montage repeatedly in the coming weeks. Just so content-heavy it's unavoidable.
      Not the opening montage, but I'm absolutely fascinated about what the context of the pre-montage movie will be.

And I loved Nick Offerman's character, who felt very much like he was a bit of a Coen-y nod to Walter Sobchak. And was astonished to see Jesse Plemons, who surely has one the best resumes in modern TV right now, looking distinctly chubby.

So much going on.

Comment

Fargo (II)

We're into it already. What a great opener. Probably needs a second viewing, though. Everything is just spot on. Without spoiling, loved the musical tip o' the hat to O Brother.

Comment

Fargo (II)

San Bernardhinault wrote:
          Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos
          It's back.

Not the opening montage, but I'm absolutely fascinated about what the context of the pre-montage movie will be.

And I loved Nick Offerman's character, who felt very much like he was a bit of a Coen-y nod to Walter Sobchak. And was astonished to see Jesse Plemons, who surely has one the best resumes in modern TV right now, looking distinctly chubby.

So much going on.
          No kidding. The native American proto-thread, includes Zahn McClarnon who for Longmire fans (probably just me here TBH) plays Mathias. He's the guy in the background in the opening shot (which neatly echoes the ethnicities of the B&W pre-title sequence.) I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him later. This is clearly a show actors love to work on.

Comment

Fargo (II)

Episode 5 on in the UK tonight. Building up nicely.

Anyone else watching.

Comment

Fargo (II)

Thanks. I now have 7 ep. to watch.

Comment

Fargo (II)

Been watching it, still getting thrown by Landry off Friday Night Lights being married to Kirsten Dunst.

Comment

Fargo (II)

This has now replaced Breaking Bad as the series that everyone else talks about on a Thursday night at the pub while I look bewildered.

Comment

Fargo (II)

Just realized that the lead cop in Series II was the retired cop played by Keith Carradine in I, and his daughter Molly, who's a child here, is the female cop in I.

Jean Smart has been the stand-out so far, amazing as the matriarch. Bokeem Woodbine (Mike Milligan) also very impressive.

I think all the film references are a dig at Reagan, who appears as a character in a few episodes, whilst there's also digs at Nixon and Carter.

Comment

Fargo (II)

I've seen 8 episodes and think it has been amazing. Big plus for the music.

Comment

Fargo (II)

There seems to be a pattern of the main "endings" happening in Episode 9 with the last episode then being the fallout/aftershock.

SPOILER:

Rather disturbing pattern recently of women having their throats cut from behind - Fargo here, Ray Donovan

Comment

Working...
                        X