Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are your childhood TV favourites faring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely over-exposure to carry-on films as a child, reading Finbarr Saunders in viz etc.

Comment

I meant why did you avoid such a brilliant joke.

I wouldn't.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
        Originally posted by gloveguy
        I was massively in love with Janine Turner from Northern Exposure. Sadly, she's turned out to be a Tea Party maniac.
        Me too. She also turned out to be a plastic surgery victim.
        I loved Northern Exposure. Top 10 favorite shows ever.
        Nobody on that show went on to do much, except whatshisname who played the philosopher DJ. He was my favorite character anyway.

Comment

I guess I just wanted to break old habits, it's not like me to avoid making the obvious nob joke.

Comment

It must be hard.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
              Originally posted by gloveguy
              I was massively in love with Janine Turner from Northern Exposure. Sadly, she's turned out to be a Tea Party maniac.
              Me too. She also turned out to be a plastic surgery victim.
              Me, three. I never realised she was older than me.

Comment

Reed John wrote: Nobody on that show went on to do much …
                Janine Turner was in Cliffhanger with Sylvester Stallone. Then again, so was Dan from EastEnders.

Comment

This thread is incredible.

Comment

Apparently Susan Dey from the Partridge family is alive and well, and as far as I can see, perfectly normal.

She and Alexandra Bastedo were my first childhood crushes until I deserted them for Jenny Hanley.

Comment

Andrea Arnold, who played Dawn Lodge in 'No. 73', is an Oscar-winning director for Live Action Short Film 'Wasp' in 2004.

Comment

Mike, the dimly remembered Canadian bloke from the Wide Awake Club, is now collecting shopping trolleys in Tescos in Luton, I believe.

Comment

Not so good.

Comment

Any Michael Rodd news?

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: Any Michael Rodd news?
                              Not sure—one story I heard was that he was head of global strategy for Hewlett-Packard. The other was that he was selling handjobs behind Crewe station.

Comment

Geoffrey from Rainbow is a minicab driver in Cambridgeshire somewhere, or was 10 years ago when he regularly picked me up from the station.

Floella Benjamin was also on the Royal Mail's new stamp committee, not sure if she still is.

Comment

I had a massive childhood crush on Sophie Aldred. Imagine my dismay at Wikipedia informing me that 'Aldred had a relationship with comedian Les Dennis during his first marriage'.

It's not the infidelity that bothers me. Les Dennis? There's a man batting way above his average.

Comment

Lesley Judd out of Blue Peter apparently runs her own conference organising business in Toulouse. This paragraph from her Wikipedia entry seems something of a contradiction in terms, however:

Although asked on several occasions to take part in Blue Peter reunions, Judd has generally declined, feeling that her television career was no longer a part of her life. However, she appeared on Blue Peter's 35th birthday programme in 1993 and the 50th birthday commemorations in 2008. The latter entailed an appearance on ITV's This Morning, where she received a 'make over' ahead of joining other former presenters at Buckingham Palace at a party hosted by The Queen. Judd then joined other female former presenters of the show in a photo shoot for the Mail on Sunday newspaper, celebrating fifty years of Blue Peter and was interviewed for a documentary about the show on BBC One.

Bob Wilson has had more than his fair share of karma thrown at him over the past few years.
                                    I mean, I know that Wilson played for Arsenal but dismissing the premature deaths of his daughter and son-in-law as 'karma' seems a little unfair...

Comment

Mr. Pastry is dead. As is George Chisholm.

Comment

Also Tony Bastable.

Comment

My fellow Somersetonian Fiona Curzon, who I was deeply in love with when she played Faye Mansfied in Crossroads, has had a reasonably successful career since leaving the motel business 30-odd years ago.

I have to confess that I was two-timing her with Louise Jameson in her role as Leela in Doctor Who. Ms Jameson has also enjoyed considerable on-screen success since then.

Betty Boop, on the other hand, appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth. As she'd be pushing 100 by now, she might well be dead anyway.

Comment

Christopher Trace is dead.
                                            Reg Varney is dead.
                                            Leslie Crowther is dead.
                                            Peter Glaze is dead.
                                            I'm beginning to see a pattern...

Comment

Kevin Moreton, who was my hero only in his role as Ben Dyker in 'Striker' rather than for his hooliganism in Coronation Street, appears to be leading a quiet, yet contented life in West Yorkshire.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: Any Michael Rodd news?
                                                At your fingertips

Comment

Mumpo wrote:
                                                  Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih
                                                  Any Michael Rodd news?
                                                  At your fingertips
                                                  Why doesn't he mention Screen Test?

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote: I had a massive childhood crush on Sophie Aldred. Imagine my dismay at Wikipedia informing me that 'Aldred had a relationship with comedian Les Dennis during his first marriage'.

It's not the infidelity that bothers me. Les Dennis? There's a man batting way above his average.
                                                    She does the voice of Tom in the CBeebies show Tree Fu Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X