Star Wars Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Trailer!

They have a series of force fields to prevent egress from the hangar bays. As for the handrails, I can only imagine that the Emporer was a minimalist in terms of interior design. Form over function and all that.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The Empire was always quite right wing and scrapped all that Health & Safety madness as soon as they took over - I believe this was order 67.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

In the new film, the "First Order" don't have a Death Star but do have a "Starkiller Base". I'm not sure I like that. It's a bit too nerdy wink wink.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Southport Zeb wrote: The Empire was always quite right wing and scrapped all that Health & Safety madness as soon as they took over - I believe this was order 67.
          Well, the Empire was very keen on protective helmets—pretty much everyone had one.

Although why rebel and Empire pilots needed helmets was never made clear.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Not to mention how Han Solo and Lea can walk around on an asteroid in the vacuum of space wearing only one of those shitty masks that fall down from the ceiling on airplanes. Or, for that matter, how a fucking lizard can live in space.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Something I have wondered since the Soup Dragon appeared on The Clangers.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

VTTBoscombe wrote: Something I have wondered since the Soup Dragon appeared on The Clangers.
                Don't be ridiculous. The Clangers weren't real

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

My local Asda have ignored the embargo and put their Episode VII toys out on sale already. Found them last night.

This may be spoilery or not.
                  There will be a 'speeder' chase according to the packaging on one of the micro-machines sets - this includes the big orange wedge speeder seen in the trailer. Also Chewbacca will be fighting First Order snowtroopers on a snowy world somewhere.

The First Order has taken on the Empire role. One of their leaders wears metallic shiny stormtrooper armour and is called Captain Phasma. (In terms of the discussion above what use is shiny armour? Even worse than white.) The First Order has TIE Fighters and TIE Fighter pilots. Kylo Ren has his own big shuttle craft.

There is a Resistance.

We will see how it all pans out.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

In terms of the discussion above what use is shiny armour? Even worse than white
                    Actually, given that the primary weapon in star wars is the laser, reflective armour would be just the ticket. The more reflective the better.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

hobbes wrote: Actually, given that the primary weapon in star wars is the laser, reflective armour would be just the ticket. The more reflective the better.
                      I've never been wholly convinced by laser guns. Not much use when it's raining, for a start.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

what about the gigantic portable nuclear power generator needed to power it?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Captain Phasma is a girl. A baddie girl. Star Wars hasn't had one of them before.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Wasn't there a female assassin/bounty hunter in one of the awful prequels?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Someone did an analysis of the 'laser bolts' in Star Wars and worked out that they travel at about 78mph. So the best way to survive an attack would be to drive off down the M6.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Mumpo wrote: Someone did an analysis of the 'laser bolts' in Star Wars and worked out that they travel at about 78mph. So the best way to survive an attack would be to drive off down the M6.
                                If you think you can get up to 78mph on the M6 you've not driven on it recently...

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

It's no problem up our neck of the woods.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I didn't know Captain Phasma was going to be a female villain. No mention of that on the packaging. Glad to see my post above didn't reference a gender though.

Female bounty hunter: Zam Wessel in Episode 2. Although she was also a shape-shifter so could have been male all along.

In other news, Disney have retconned all the Expanded Universe material into the big yellow skip marked 'rubbish'. The canon has been shrunk to the three rubbish films, the Clone Wars TV series, the Rebels TV series, the Original Trilogy, Episode VII/new films and any comic books or stuff released since Disney bought the rights.

All the material in the games, spin off novels, comics and so on is now 'Star Wars Legends' and not canonical.

The editors of Wookieepedia are going to be up all night sorting this out.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Well to be fair most of the written "expanded universe" stuff was complete and utter shite, with people in their bedrooms inventing characters called things like Marshall Phhlyxx from planet Ok-Ok-Teek.

I can only have contributed 20% of it, at most.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

tratorello wrote:

Mumpo wrote:

Someone did an analysis of the 'laser bolts' in Star Wars and worked out that they travel at about 78mph. So the best way to survive an attack would be to drive off down the M6.

If you think you can get up to 78mph on the M6 you've not driven on it recently...
                                        Ah, but if you were in a bright white Nissan Primera ...

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Oh god, $150 for this:

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/sphero-bb-8-review-this-is-the-coolest-star-wars-toy-e-1727067215

It looks so cool. The major thing keeping me from getting one, besides the price tag, is knowing that my kids would each want one of their own, and whoever didn't get to play with it would probably break it out of spite.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Reports in the paper today suggesting that Vader - in the form of Haydn Christensen - might be brought back in episode VIII. Presumably in ghostly form a la Obi Wan in Return of the Jedi, or is part of Episode VII going to be about finding a way to reanimate him?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Well to be fair most of the written "expanded universe" stuff was complete and utter shite, with people in their bedrooms inventing characters called things like Marshall Phhlyxx from planet Ok-Ok-Teek.

I can only have contributed 20% of it, at most.
                                              Er, you're thinking of fan fiction there. Expanded universe was all the books, comics, computer games etc. For example 'Shadows of the Empire', which was official canon for 20 years.

There was a whole sequence of books that continued the war right up to the fall of Coruscant to the Rebels and the re-establishment of the Republic.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

No, I'm thinking of exactly all of that. It was all complete rubbish. "Official Canon" my arse. Start - finally - chucking it all into a skip.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Some of it was good. Most of it was better than the prequel trilogy. All of it was better than the Clone Wars.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: No, I'm thinking of exactly all of that. It was all complete rubbish. "Official Canon" my arse. Start - finally - chucking it all into a skip.
                                                    There were variations in quality, but some of it was decent. As blameless said, a lot of it was better than the stuff they kept.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X