Star Wars Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Trailer!

Geoffrey de Ste. Croix wrote: Yes, but Star Wars part 7 is set in the future...
    In the future to us, or future to the first 3? Because they were "a long time ago...."

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

So far, in this trailer, there is no sign whatsoever of a 70-year-old Jar Jar Binks. This, alone, can only be a good thing.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: The crashed star destroyer in the desert made me squeal with delight, though.
        That was such a cool way to open this trailer.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

It does lend a certain "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!" feel to it.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

SouthdownRebel wrote:
            Originally posted by gavc23
            Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys
            I can confidently state that pretty much every spaceship in the Star Wars universe has aerodynamic properties comparable to that of a cheese and ham roll.
            Would that be a baguette style roll or something like an oven bottom muffin type?
            More importantly, has science ever subjected the cheese and ham roll to a wind-tunnel test? And how does this compare to a cheese and pickle roll?
            Well, of course, a cheese and ham roll would be fairly clunky whereas a cheese and pickle roll would split in two with one part landing pickly bit down.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Jongudmund wrote: I instantly recognised that dialogue as riffing on the conversation in the Ewok village.

My wife has yelled at me before when we were watching Empire Strikes Back for saying all of Yoda's lines before he says them.

I need to re-evaluate my life choices.
              Indeed. It's hard but, you know, there are plenty of other women out there.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Feisty , this one sounds

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Bored of Education wrote:
                  Originally posted by SouthdownRebel
                  Originally posted by gavc23
                  Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys
                  I can confidently state that pretty much every spaceship in the Star Wars universe has aerodynamic properties comparable to that of a cheese and ham roll.
                  Would that be a baguette style roll or something like an oven bottom muffin type?
                  More importantly, has science ever subjected the cheese and ham roll to a wind-tunnel test? And how does this compare to a cheese and pickle roll?
                  Well, of course, a cheese and ham roll would be fairly clunky whereas a cheese and pickle roll would split in two with one part landing pickly bit down.
                  It depends on the size of the ham relative to the size of the roll and how you arrange it. If you have slice of ham that is larger than the roll and just lay it flat, then there is going to be plenty of ham sticking out the sides to act as a sort of wing.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Also important to consider are the relative aerodynamic qualities of different types of ham - your Brunswick versus your Serrano, dry cured versus wet cured and so on and so forth.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

"Spiral sliced" ham is a thing over here.

One would think this would add to the aerodynamic qualities of the product.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

As a whole ham, a dry cured, smoked ham would probably be more aerodynamic they tend to be flatter (more star destroyer shaped, while cooked hams are shaped more like a half built (but fully operational) death-star) for reasons I've never understood, but also the more solid surface would be better in flight.

In a roll, I suspect something quite wet, on the basis that the most solidly the roll is held together (and therefore the more adhesive the ingredients) the less like the top bun is to wobble around and deform, ruining airflow. So, cooked ham on a roll.

Anyway, I was totally bored by the idea of episode seven. I didn't even watch two and three after Phantom Menace was so unutterably shit. But that trailer may be enough to get me excited again. Not the normal fan-boy stuff about tie-fighters and what-have-you. More the Planet of the Apes of the star destroyed. And Han and Chewy. Bring it on.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                          Originally posted by Antonio Pulisao
                          … the guy who directed the god awful Star Trek reboot films.
                          That's something of a minority opinion.
                          Just checked - he definitely directed them.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Stumpy Pepys wrote: I've never watched the Star Wars Holiday Special, but doesn't some of that happen on Chewbacca's home planet?
                            Yes. I have watched it.

First appearance of Boba Fett in the Star Wars universe.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Bored of Education wrote:
                              Originally posted by Jongudmund
                              I instantly recognised that dialogue as riffing on the conversation in the Ewok village.

My wife has yelled at me before when we were watching Empire Strikes Back for saying all of Yoda's lines before he says them.

I need to re-evaluate my life choices.
                              Indeed. It's hard but, you know, there are plenty of other women out there.
                              She gets annoyed because I'm spoiling it for her because she loves it too.

I got my friend Al in trouble by tweeting a pic of our Star Wars duvet cover that my wife bought us as a surprise. Next time I saw him Al told me very loudly "Your wife is so cool!" Unfortunately this was in front of his wife who I don't think appreciates how cool Star Wars duvet covers are and gave him a very frosty look.

Awkward it was, I would say. Hmmm.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Antonio Pulisao wrote:

Ah, that's right. Chewbacca was a slave in the shit Star Wars, wasn't he...
                                No. He was in Episode 3 on Kashyyyk (the Wookiee homeworld) as part of the Wookiee forces fighting alongside the Clones against the Separatist droid armies.

When the Clones received Order 66 and turned on the Jedi, Chewbacca was one of the Wookiees who saved Yoda and helped him escape back to Coruscant where he fought Palpatine in the Senate Chamber.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Some plausible fan fiction site speculations on the plot:

Finn is a stormtrooper who is ordered to take part in a massacre of civilians by a new leader of the Empire, causing him to rebel against his orders. Ends up meeting Rey while on the run.

Rey is a scavenger/collector of Clone War/Rebellion artefacts, who comes into possession of something that leads them to Luke, or in direct competition with someone else collecting artefacts to do with the force.

Warwick Davis has said he is in the film. Maybe he will reprise his role as Wikkit, perhaps just as a cameo (the Darth Vader helmet we see in the trailer may well have ended up on Endor and in Wikkit's possession, after we last saw it on the funeral pyre at the end of Episode 6). It makes sense that people would collect and value war memoribilia - why not ? We do as a society.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Some plausible fan fiction site speculations on the plot:

Finn is a stormtrooper who is ordered to take part in a massacre of civilians by a new leader of the Empire, causing him to rebel against his orders.
                                    If the Jedi rule the Senate, wouldn't there not be an Empire, more of an opposition in hiding?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The Jedi don't rule the Senate by the end of Episode 6. There's none of them left, apart from Luke and Leia. It makes sense for this film to pick up in the middle of that power vacuum.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Jongudmund wrote:

Ah, that's right. Chewbacca was a slave in the shit Star Wars, wasn't he...
                                        No. He was in Episode 3 on Kashyyyk (the Wookiee homeworld) as part of the Wookiee forces fighting alongside the Clones against the Separatist droid armies.

When the Clones received Order 66 and turned on the Jedi, Chewbacca was one of the Wookiees who saved Yoda and helped him escape back to Coruscant where he fought Palpatine in the Senate Chamber.
                                        Ah yes, of course.

So it's wookiee with an 'i' also?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                          … the guy who directed the god awful Star Trek reboot films.
                                          That's something of a minority opinion.
                                          Well, I always preferred The Next Generation anyway.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Make it so.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The latest one has got Finn, clearly being chased through those woods by Kylo Ren ... SPARKING UP A LIGHTSABRE

SQUUUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

It cannot possibly be as bad as the prequels. That's all I have in terms of expectations.

And 'Kylo Ren'? Lazy reworking of 'Han Solo'. They clearly ran out of good names in the 70s.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

September the 4th is being hyped as the day the new film's merchandise comes out.

There's a countdown clock in Toys R Us and everything.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I went to a barbecue last weekend, only to find myself with a self-proclaimed Star Wars geek.

I asked him what protection Stormtrooper armour offered exactly. He struggled.

We agreed it was hygienic and easily cleaned.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Tssk. Next you'll be asking why no-one ever thought to put handrails up along any of the walkways next to those precipitous drops on the Death Star. Or why everyone doesn't get sucked out of the hangar bay into the vacuum of deep space.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X