Renée Zellweger's face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

I choose to believe that Escape From LA was her audition for that particular gig.
    You know, I have to confess. I've never seen that film.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

You know, I have to confess. I've never seen that film.
      HP's account suddenly goes missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        Born in the same year as Madonna, coincidentally, and has presumably had the work done in a way that doesn't try to make her look 35.
        You probably don’t mean it that way, but it’s a bit close to “why doesn’t that Sinead O’Connor grow her hair and wear a nice dress?” or all the advice about ‘good’ vs ‘bad’ make-up. Programmes such as Snog Marry Avoid, or whatever it’s called, ‘rescue’ goths from their layers of eyeliner so they can be functioning members of society.

Some of us (and increasingly, this includes men and non-binary folk) choose to use make-up in an obvious way, like war-paint, and I guess Madonna is doing that with her procedures.

Personally, I hate the fake eyebrow look that seems to be hanging on in fashion, but it’s a choice. It’s up for debate (mostly by those affected) how far beauty standards are a choice, and how much we buy into them. Us alternative types can’t avoid it completely but we can subvert it here and there.

Comment

That said, a professional actor would be limiting the work available to them by going for an extreme look, which isn’t true of popstars.
          (Assuming Madonna isn’t going for any mainstream acting roles any time soon.)

Comment

You probably don’t mean it that way, but it’s a bit close to “why doesn’t that Sinead O’Connor grow her hair and wear a nice dress?”
            It depends whether you think Madonna's new look is subverting dominant gender norms or caving in to them. I'd be happy if I thought she were doing the former but I just feel the latter is more likely. If I'm wrong about that, I'll be happy to apologize.

Comment

What the fuck business is it of middle aged men boring on in a forum?

Comment

None, of course. We're just being arseholes down the pub.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 11-02-2023, 13:17.

Comment

Working...
                X