Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously Naff Music videos — and I mean N.A.F.F.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously Naff Music videos — and I mean N.A.F.F.

I mean top this...

Erasure’s “A Little Respect” is a luminously beautiful song that is more poignant today than ever. It deserved more than a painfully literally video where every word of the lyrics is used as an opportunity for a clanging pun.

Comment

Can't seem to embed video so I'll just leave you the link:

Judas Priest - Hot Rockin' (youtube.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Gert from the Well View Post
        Can't seem to embed video so I'll just leave you the link:

Judas Priest - Hot Rockin' (youtube.com)
        That's absolutely brilliant!

Comment

"Let's just use every effect available from this 'record your own pop video' booth at the shopping centre we can!"

Comment

I was about to link to David Lee Roth's promo for California Girls, but a) it seems a bit obvious; b) I don't want to get bombarded with his stuff on YouTube; and c) it's David Lee Roth.

Comment

Gay garage mechanics sing love songs

https://youtu.be/hCuMWrfXG4E?si=mlnZiei1QV38VIvw

Comment

'Hello' by Lionel Richie is the classic answer to this. 'November Rain' by Guns N Roses is also very silly. And that Verve one trying to channel 'Unfinished Sympathy'.

Comment

Bittersweet Symphony - itself quickly parodied by Fat Les.

Viz Lionel Richie's clay-nium, much current discussion about that exists here:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...27#post2892029

Comment

I like the Judas Priest one and not just because the drummer used to live at the bottom of my parents' road. They could have made it much naffer by using Bullworkers rather than proper gym equipment at the start.

This, on the other hand, is 100% naffness

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                      "Let's just use every effect available from this 'record your own pop video' booth at the shopping centre we can!"

I feel that this a great record slightly let down by its video.

Boys (Summertime Love) is another such gem from the Italo section.

Comment

Dow Jones - Just a techno groove

Techno from Belgium, contains the line 'Wall street crash got me grooving to the beat'

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

I feel that this a great record slightly let down by its video.

Boys (Summertime Love) is another such gem from the Italo section.
                          Difficult for me to resist mentioning Desireless' Voyage Voyage in response, even if the video - directed by photographer Bettina Rheims - is pleasingly weird.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                            Erasure’s “A Little Respect” is a luminously beautiful song that is more poignant today than ever. It deserved more than a painfully literally video where every word of the lyrics is used as an opportunity for a clanging pun.

What a banger.
                            That’s fantastic haircut as well.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post

Oh god, I must have filtered that right out, because I didn't notice that before. That really is such an amazing pop song

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                I like the Judas Priest one and not just because the drummer used to live at the bottom of my parents' road. They could have made it much naffer by using Bullworkers rather than proper gym equipment at the start.

This, on the other hand, is 100% naffness

That’s where 80s radio rock really JTS.

Comment

Comment

As great a live band as they were, I was always disappointed that Rush didn't recreate this video on stage. Perhaps they couldn't get permission from ATC. Geddy's haircut is an awesome thing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo Boyle View Post

As great a live band as they were, I was always disappointed that Rush didn't recreate this video on stage. Perhaps they couldn't get permission from ATC. Geddy's haircut is an awesome thing too.
                                      Aimee Mann!

Comment

I must admit i've never heard a rush song until now.

There can only be one true winner here. There is only one video that can stand up to the opening post.

Comment

In 2011, it was voted the eighth-best collaboration of all time in a Rolling Stone readers poll.[69] In a survey conducted by PRS for Music, the song was voted as the top song the British public would play at street parties in celebration of the 2011 Royal Wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William.

Comment

The opening post reminds us that the pop music that we usually associate with a past period was, as often as not, not the dominant soundtrack of that time.

I wasn’t there, but the 60s, for most people, were a lot more about naff covers on network variety shows than they were about Hendrix melting faces at Woodstock or whatever was going on in the Village or Haight Ashbury, etc.

Comment

I can't figure out if the 55 million views on this are a product of people around the world engaged with the same idea as this thread or if there is some kind of millennial attraction to the nonsensical qualities.

Comment

"Ooooooooh, we have computers now! Any ideas, Todd?"

"I dunno. How about we just throw all kinds of shit at the wall and see what sticks?"

"BRILLIANT!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  I must admit i've never heard a rush song until now.

There can only be one true winner here. There is only one video that can stand up to the opening post.

Cor, that is very strong.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X