Tom Wilkinson RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Wilkinson RIP

Star of The Full Monty and so much other stuff. Died age 75.

Sad. He was great in everything.
    I remember being so impressed with how he played Carmine Falcone in Batman Begins. He brought a lot to that small role, elevating the whole film. He had a bunch of roles like that.
    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 30-12-2023, 17:41.

Comment

Agree, liked him in everything.

Comment

Big RIP from me.

Never less than very good and often excellent.

Comment

All of the above. I particularly remember the scene in Full Monty when he admits (to the other guys?) that he's been pretending still to have a job for weeks as he can't tell his wife. The panic and complete despair are utterly convincing.

RIP

Comment

Bill Nighy must be relieved at the removal of his main competition for roles (kidding, kidding, I presume Nighy respected and admired Wilkinson and vice versa - they featured alongside each other more than once).

And yes, a loss. Always reliable to do his turn very well. He had a subtle line in bruised pride and pathos - not only the Full Monty one mentioned above but also in Shakespeare in Love.
            Last edited by Janik; 30-12-2023, 21:17.

Comment

His coming out and display of huge regret in “Marigold Hotel” was beautiful. Could do a mean bastard, too. Fantastic actor.

Comment

Agree with everything already; a superbly versatile actor who seemed to be an excellent fit for the role. RIP.

Comment

If you play that game of "you are only ever allowed to see films featuring one actor, choose the name", Tom Wilkinson would be an excellent choice. Some mentioned above, add In The Bedroom, Eternal Sunshine ..., many more. (Maybe not Mel Gibson's The Patriot, but that wasn't his fault, he couldn't save everything). RIP.

Tom Wilkinson - Wikipedia

Comment

Only 75.

Comment

Working...
                    X