• Show
Clear All

Andre Braugher

Fuck.

'in tragic

A monumental loss

61 is no age at all

Comment

Frank Pembleton was one of the great characters and something that wasn't seen on network TV back then. RIP.

Comment

Pembleton was a brilliant study of a man who is struggling with religious faith. It helped Braugher that, like Pembleton, he was educated by the Jesuits. I don't know what Braugher believed or practised, but his character was a fascinating in that regard (and in other regards, too, of course).

I really liked Men Of A Certain Age as well. It didn't get eniough of a run.

Comment

Oh that's just shit.

Comment

Real shock and real sad. His performances on Brooklyn Nine Nine lifted the show into the higher echelons of comedy.

I feel very sad at his passing.

Comment

I only ever knew him as Captain Holt and I'm devastated by this.

Comment

Very sad news. He seemed to be someone who was serious about producing good work but an enjoyable colleague to work with

Comment

As good a Henry V as I have ever seen, which speaks to the vastness of his range

Comment

I don't really have a lot to say this morning other than Pembleton was one of those 'best ever' characters on a very personally important TV show.

He was excellent in three very good TV shows (Homicide, Men of a Certain Age, Brooklyn 99), excellent in his film debut (Glory), excellent is some middling films (Frequency, Duets, Get on the Bus), reliable co-star in a wide array of network shows (Hack, L&O:SVU, House), and so on. He had voice work too, including in Bojack Horseman.

And that probably only scratches the surface of his talent.

Huge loss for acting. A heavy blow. A massive body of work behind him, and I think one to be released posthumously.

Guess I need to go watch the 'box' episodes of Homicide and Brooklyn 99, just to remind myself of his incredible range and screen presence.

Comment

I have no words. It's like losing a favourite uncle.

Comment

He was the best thing in my favourite cop show: Homicide.

Comment

This (on Holt) is magnificent

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...e-nine-moments

Comment

Homicide deserves more recognition in retrospect. It was on NBC. That would be impossible now, but it felt impossible then. And he was a big part of that.

Comment

Some recent news that Homicide might get on a streaming service (probably Peacock) eventually. Finally.

Comment

His stage credits also include Bolingbroke (thus the father and son of those plays).

His comic timing was superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X