Anyone attempting Kaleidoscope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone attempting Kaleidoscope?

Netflix 'big heist' caper that you can apparently watch in whatever order you choose and try to solve some riddle or other.

We gave it 2 1/2 episodes before giving up out of sheer boredom and disdain for the cliches, the shite acting and the personality of all the ...er.... personalities in it.

Anyone else?

I quite like it, but I'm a sucker for heist movies as a genre. I agree the order thing makes very little sense.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a sucker for them, too. I think the Clooney/Pitt (et al) Oceans 11 is a thing of beauty.

But this...

Comment

We've stuck with this, and gotta say it's been worth it. It has an approach to the genre that I've never come across before (and I don't mean the "choose your episode order" thingie.)

Spoiler for those who don't want to know:

You don't get to see the actual robbery. Only its planning and the consequences. In most heist movies the tension of the execution is the point of the story's arc. Here it isn't it's all about the characters, who they really are, who's lying, who's not, and... if you follow the episode sequence provided as we did... who the real rat is.

Comment

I quite enjoyed it, but I didn't watch in the order NetFlix listed the episodes for me. I read a review online and the reviewer gave the order in which he wished he had watched it, which was:

Yellow
          Violet
          Orange
          Green
          Blue
          Red
          Pink
          White

The order above gave me more of the characters' backstories at the right times so I understood more about the relationships and how they came to be. I'm very happy with my choice.

Comment

Just started watching this (3 eps in), and am quite enjoying it. I'm doing it in the order Netflix is feeding me with it, which I assume is the default, because I can;'t be arsed fiddling with netflix each time to choose a different episode that is not simply the next episode. Based on this thread it seems like the second time this week WOM and I have a strong divergence of taste on the TV forum.

Comment

Working...
            X