Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Offal off the menu

RIP Victor Lewis Smith

Scurrilous, funny and supported Corbyn when no-one else on The Evening Standard dared to

https://twitter.com/jamesmjharrison/status/1602392924662136833?s=20&t=ECrOoywVZFHQ8q01qf4GEw

That's really sad. He was smart and funny and I used to enjoy his R4 work. 65 is no age.

Comment

Always worth reading, even if you didn't agree with him. And as much as I like Charlie Brooker, he's always felt like VL-S with the rough edges filed off.

His TV work was somewhat erratic and some of it has no doubt aged like milk, but it was still admirable for its uncompromising esotericism and iconoclasm. Shame he became a bit of a copyright troll after acquiring the rights to the Associated Rediffusion name.

Comment

TV offal was great fun.
        He was one of those chaps who had a positive influence on me during my formative years, so much so that I messaged him - along with a few others - on Twitter when my health wasn't great (I didn't mention that, and it's better now thankfully, but wanted to at least message the people who had a positive influence on me), and he replied, in fact seemed bowled over and he subsequently followed me, which felt marvellous all round.
        R.I.P that man.

Comment

Working...
        X