• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anne Heche

Has died after being very seriously injured in a car accident

But "the vehicle caught fire"?

wtf?

What sort of piece of crap "catches fire" after a crash?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62506673

Fucking hell man.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      Has died after being very seriously injured in a car accident

But "the vehicle caught fire"?

wtf?

What sort of piece of crap "catches fire" after a crash?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62506673
      The car crashed into a house. That could be a factor.

Such a shitty way to go.

Comment

Someone needs to tell Guy about Teslas

Comment

Every year, a steady average of about 200,000 vehicle fires happen in the US. about 10 of them are electric cars. Some of those go on fire because they are part of a multi-vehicle crash that ends in a fire. Now part of that is because electric cars make up an extremely small proportion of the total number of vehicles.but Depending on the measure used, an electric car is between 5 and 8% as likely to go on fire as an ICE car. However Every electric vehicle fire is reported because it's still a case of man bites dog, whereas ICE vehicles going on fire happens about 500 times a day

Poor anne Heche seems to have had a very tough time of it. 53 is no age.
          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 13-08-2022, 17:43.

Comment

Well this thread is certainly a very moving tribute

Comment

We could be focusing on that she appears to have been in a self-inflicted state where she likely shouldn’t have been driving, but was anyway and was doing so wildly dangerously (direct evidence of that reportedly exists) and as a result of her behaviour has not only killed herself but also caused significant hardship to an innocent third party - the house she crashed into effectively burned down, is now uninhabitable and irreparable, and its owner has lost all her possessions.

Comment

Just a tragedy all around.

Comment

I know she lost work when she was publicly in a relationship with Ellen DeGeneres after Ellen came out. I'm not sure if I've seen any of her films.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                    Just a tragedy all around.
                    This.

Comment

I'd forgotten it was her playing Marion in the Psycho remake. I don't think I've seen any of her other films, though many sound much more interesting. Catfight and the Dahmer film, for example, passed me by completely.

Comment

Donnie Brasco was an excellent movie where she played Depp's wife.

She also starred in a TV show called Hung. That was a good bit of fun. It was about women pimping out a regular guy who is gifted in a certain part of his body.

Reminds me of a line from Blazing Saddles. Charlie: "They said you was hung." Bart: "And they was right."

As for the accident, a tragedy indeed. Only small mercy is that the family in the house that was wrecked and set on fire got out alive.

Comment

I saw her in a few roles, but recall her main claim to flame being Ellen DeGeneres partner when the latter came out, rather than thinking wow what a great actress.

Still, way to young and a flipping horrible way to go by what I’ve read, whatever her culpability in the fatal incident.

Comment

Originally posted by slackster View Post
                            I saw her in a few roles, but recall her main claim to flame being Ellen DeGeneres partner when the latter came out, rather than thinking wow what a great actress.

Still, way to young and a flipping horrible way to go by what I’ve read, whatever her culpability in the fatal incident.

Hell of a typo.

Comment

Oops. I’ll leave it now, though.

Comment

One of the neatest quotes about Donnie Brasco was the Godfather showed the mafia how they wanted to be seen, and Donnie Brasco showed how they actually are.

Her stairs scene with Mr. Amber Heard was absolutely electrifying, and she had a lot to do with how amazing that movie was.

Remember Inca's reports on fb when the helicopters were circling over his house all morning, and I'm sorry for whereever she was. Indeed, she led to a lot of acceptance for Ellen and the LGTB community (LGTB at the time,) and I all I can hope is that her friends and family are okay.

I'll certainly remember her and cherish her for the rest of my time here.

Comment

That’s why I liked that film too.

Comment

Hung was a decent show, I'd forgotten she was in it. Also didn't know until now that its star Thomas Jane is an ex of Heche's. He tweeted after the accident and seemed to think at the time that she'd pull through.

All desperately sad.

Comment

Apparently they waited until suitable organ recipients were found before turning off life support. A small comfort from a terribly sad event.

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post

Remember Inca's reports on fb when the helicopters were circling over his house all morning, and I'm sorry for whereever she was. Indeed, she led to a lot of acceptance for Ellen and the LGTB community (LGTB at the time,) and I all I can hope is that her friends and family are okay.
                                        There's some very disturbing footage from the helicopter. Basically someone being stretchered out, covered head to toe possibly because of burns injuries and then just before being placed in an ambulance, sitting bolt upright, moving arms about, with no obvious burns from the limited view we have, in something resembling a certain amount of consciousness. That person fitting a classic profile of what most of us likely think Anne Heche kind of looks like.

Obviously I'm no expert here regarding burns and the serious internal damage they cause and the measures a medic team would use to ease the suffering, including what appears to be the complete covering of her head, but it was an incredibly jarring piece of footage.

Likewise disturbing are the various CCTV's which caught the speed she driving at through a residential area seconds before the crash.

Comment

Working...
                                        X