Dead? No excuse for laying off work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead? No excuse for laying off work.

A Time Bandits quote in tribute to David Warner, who has died of cancer aged 80.

I thought this was a DWP thread when I saw the title.

Comment

Solid actor - creepy as hell in Time After Time.

Comment

Ah, that's a shame.

Morgan - A Suitable Case For Treatment was a funny old film but interestingly quirky. Excellent in Time Bandits though.

Came to an iconically sticky end in The Omen.

RIP
        Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 25-07-2022, 16:58.

Comment

RIP.

(In a round about way, that quote reminds me of the time Kenny Hibbitt was dismissed by Walsall for attending his brother's funeral.)

Comment

Excellent in all three of his villainous roles in Tron (people will know that he played both Dillinger and Sark but he's uncredited as the voice of the MCP as well).

Comment

A fine actor. I saw him play Falstaff at the RSC back in 2008, he was wonderful.
              Back in the 1980's he had a rare leading role on TV in a BBC1 series called Hold The Back Page, where he played a sports writer lured from a quality paper to a tabloid.
              There was a nice scene in the last episode when his boss begs him to stay. "I'll give you freedom from editorial interference, a new word processor, anything you want!"
              "Do you promise?"
              "Yes!"
              "Then swear it on a Wisden!"

Most of the time Hold The Back Page wasn't all that great but he elevated it by his charm and talent. Tremendous range, I've never been bored whilst watching anything he did.

Comment

Good all-rounder and in loads over the years.

Comment

He was also excellent in the 1978 version of The 39 Steps.

Comment

Working...
                  X