Seinfeld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seinfeld

Surely there must be a thread in here, but I searched to no avail.

I forget just how great this series was - just channel-hopping during the ad break in the Boys' Tennis final and found it on.

One episode, three great plot lines:

Jerry buys his Dad a Cadillac and gets his Dad impeached by the residents' association

George goes on a date with Marisa Tomei (alibi involves George meeting Elaine to discuss her boyfriend Art Van Der Lay, Importer/Exporter)

Kramer is attempting to avoid the technician from Plaza Cable

I didn't even see all of it and I was falling about laughing.

Seinfeld

"No hugging, no learning".

I liked the ethos.

Comment

Seinfeld

Something must be wrong with me or something, but even though everybody tells me Seinfeld is great, I cannot enjoy this show. The characters are all so incredibly neurotic, that it only takes a few seconds from the moment they start speaking before I start hating them. Kramer can be the saving grace for an episode, but he's not always exception to the general rule.

Then again, this is all kinds of awesome.

Comment

Seinfeld

I missed the first couple seasons, but caught them on syndication and have no problem with the neurotic part. George Costanza is one of the greatest tv characters ever.

Comment

Seinfeld

"It's not a lie if you believe it!"

I've had to use that one a couple of times myself.

Comment

Seinfeld

There are so many features of that show that were amazing. I could see why it would drive people crazy so it might be a love it or hate it kind of show versus leaving people feeling indifferent.

One of my favorites is the "You're sooo good looking" when someone sneezes.

Comment

Seinfeld

It seems overblown now, But the soup Nazi episode is still hilarious to me.

Comment

Seinfeld

Seeing as there were over 100 episodes made most still stand the test of time, excellently written comedy.

On a George Costanza note I only discovered Curb Your Enthusiasm last year. It can get a bit much and certainly two episodes back to back is enough but you can see how Larry David equals George Costanza.

Comment

Seinfeld

Have watched all the series with my wife and we quote lines to each other regularly, e.g.

"Knock, knock! Chinese food!"
                  "You stole my Jesus fish, didn't you!"
                  "You shouldn't make a pizza bagel with cinnamon raisin!" "Or a donut!"
                  "No soup for you!"
                  "Alcoholic chicken!"
                  "High Puddy five"
                  "You're a raving anti-dentite!"
                  "That's gold, Jerry! That's gold!"
                  "Puke - that's a funny word"

These are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Comment

Seinfeld

I've got all the DVDs and hadn't watched them for sometime up to the last week or so. 'The Soup' and 'The Race' are just absolutely perfect.

It's just the little things I love about that show.

Jerry: "So i'm thinking about getting a yo-yo"

George: (nodding in agreement) "Yeah, yeah"

George's love of the word 'manure' "It's really not a bad thing when you break it down" and I love how cynical and bitter Elaine gets towards the end of the run.

Comment

Seinfeld

Apparently "The Switch" was on yesterday.

George: So did you ask her about it?
                      Jerry: She was into it!

Comment

Seinfeld

The side characters were superb. Jerry and George's parents, Elaine's bosses, Kenny, NEWMAN!, Uncle Leo, etc.

Comment

Seinfeld

Slap.........bass........flashbacks *passes out*

Comment

Seinfeld

Jerry: "Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. You get a sense of it and you look away."

Comment

Seinfeld

Great, great show. One of the few that matches the consistent quality of its writing and characters with the performances thereof: to sustain that over 100+ eps is close to unique. (Even after having pretty much seen 'em all, I struggle to think of a duff episode. And it's worth getting the box sets for some of the back stories, etc.)

I've enjoyed moments from Curb Your Enthusiasm (Larry David's great, obviously), but find the show painfully self-conscious at times and lacking the celebration of itself that sets Seinfeld apart.

The characters are all so incredibly neurotic, that it only takes a few seconds from the moment they start speaking before I start hating them.
                              They're just New Yorkers. That's how it rolls out.

Comment

Seinfeld

If you've not checked out Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, Jerry Seinfeld's new web series, you ought to. Some work better than others, but a really simple, neat idea.

Comment

Seinfeld

Robert Llewellyn (or 'Kryten') had an earlier, similar format to 'Comedians In Cars..' called 'Carpool'. However his choice of driving a Toyota Prius is far less interesting than the array of cars Jerry drove his guests in.

Comment

Seinfeld

I do appreciate it's well written, acted and filmed. But I just don't like it, it leaves me cold!

Comment

Seinfeld

RobW wrote: 'Carpool'
                                      Oh, I'd forgotten all about Carpool - really enjoyed that, it was on really late here a while back. Assume it only ran one season though as we never saw it again.

Comment

Seinfeld

Oops, no it was Carpoolers.

Comment

Seinfeld

I've just started watching season 6 again - the one where Elaine is working for Mr Pitt.

I've started counting the 'I don't wanna be X' protestations from Jerry. This season so far we've had 'I don't wanna be a cowboy!' and 'I don't wanna be Switzerland!'

Then there's the famous earlier 'I don't wanna be a pirate!' Which I think is the first one.

There's probably a list of them all somewhere.

Comment

Seinfeld

I've also been rewatching a few lately.

The episode where Jerry's parents first appear and Jerry's mum does a completely unexpected "hello, Newman."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd5PQpqBRag#t=0m14s

Comment

Working...
                                            X