Thor - Love and Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor - Love and Thunder

It's daft. It's moved to a new level of daft beyond Ragnarok, maybe even more than GOTG, who feature in it.
    That doesn't detract from the film, mind. It's enjoyable, full of action, and uses its Guns & Roses based soundtrack to great effect, particularly November Rain. There'salso a couple of tender moments too.
    I'll be watching it again as soon as I can.

Just seen it, great fun, but some heartstrings stuff at the right level, too. Russell Crowe chewing the scenery was fun, nice to see the Actors back.

Not sure if the boy will sit through it, although he adores Thor: Ragnarok, but that has The Hulk. Maybe wait until it's on Disney +.

Comment

Watched it today. Pretty much loved it. Natalie Portman's best performance in the series. Loved seeing the Guardians of the Galaxy (but without Gamora, say it ain't so!!). The goats cracked me up.

Comment

I liked it. The tone is a bit all over the place. Bale and Portman are in a different film than Hemsworth, but that’s fine. 7/10.

I’m not a GNR fan, but Slash knows how to do a catchy riff, so it works well.

Comment

Saw it tonight with my 15 year old boy and we loved it, though I think my delight in it was even more than his.

It's certainly a strange cocktail of 70% OTT comedy movie, 20% crashy-bashy spacefightfest and 10% love story but it's blended together very effectively.

The jokes, set pieces and comedy cameos worked wonderfully as did the eighties aesthetic of much of the visuals (though obviously delivered in state of the art CGI).

Guns & Roses were very welcome on the soundtrack but were outdone by fucking Dio over the closing credits which I actually whooped at.

Enormous fun,

Comment

I thought that was Dio but wasn’t sure.

Comment

I would have thought Ronnie's vocals were unmistakable so at worse it would be a case of if it's his titular outfit, Rainbow or Sabbath (I'm discounting Elf).

Comment

I was really disappointed with it. I love Ragnarok and this just felt a bit of a mess. Too much exposition, too many cameos (did we need to see the actors again from Ragnarock?). Portman and Bale were the best things about it, but tonally it was all over the place and I smirked once or twice, but there wasn't the belly laughs of Ragnarock or GotG. Zeus was in fine form.

Comment

Finally got round to seeing this at the cinema.

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  Guns & Roses were very welcome on the soundtrack but were outdone by fucking Dio over the closing credits which I actually whooped at.
                  I didn't quite whoop but I had a big shit-eating grin and was bobbing my head when hearing Ciara's Goodies playing when they were in the spaceship/bar. I saw from the closing credits that Mary J Blige was also on the soundtrack but I didn't catch it in the film. But yes, it was mostly Guns and Roses et al on the soundtrack and it seemed to work well.

But I wasn't a big fan of the film, on the whole. The Guardians of the Galaxy scene just seemed bolted on. Like Ragnarok, there is a good film in there somewhere but then these films just don't go for 'less is more,' do they?

I thought Russell Crowe was toe-curlingly awful and I also fear that Hercules will similarly be played for laughs in future films too.

Comment

Working...
                  X