X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, Tratorello

Comment

Originally posted by Tratorello View Post
      Two years have passed but occasionally I'll think of Rise of Skywalker and it still makes me angry.
      I can empathise. I'm my case it's Alien Covenant that can reduce me to shaking my little rage fists in fury (as per my avatar). I felt absolutely fucking livid after watching that.

Comment

Fuckin JJ Abrams. He also blew up planet Vulcan in Star Trek when Kirk is young, even though Vulcan exists again when Kirk is older and also when Picard is around.

Comment

Different timeline

Comment

Two years have passed but occasionally I'll think of Rise of Skywalker and it still makes me angry.

So much money spent to make something that could have been written by a 5 year old.

The prequels were terrible but I can, basically, ignore them, RoS was just absolute garbage, literally one of the worst films I've ever seen in the cinema.
            See, I'd have put it joint 4th on the Star Wars film list.

1. Star wars
            2. Empire
            3. Force Awakens
            4. Jedi
            =. Rise of
            6. Clones
            7. Revenge
            8. Phantom Menace
            1000000000000. Last jedi
            Last edited by hobbes; 16-01-2022, 19:15.

Comment

So much money spent to make something that could have been written by a 5 year old.

The prequels were terrible but I can, basically, ignore them, RoS was just absolute garbage, literally one of the worst films I've ever seen in the cinema.
              I was forwarded a download of the film, and I stopped watching when they crushed the shuttle with the force, and you think chewbacca is dead. I mean I don't care that the film is mostly nonsense. That's grand. Just be fucking consistent with your nonsense.

Comment

Anakin is so fucking stupid; he's like a gammon voting for Farage because the NHS is a bit shit in Harrogate. "Oh, I dun had a bad dream, better turn into a fucking child-killing psychopath, because that will be fine, and I am sure to retain the love of my wife". And then when he's told she's dead, he doesn't think 'bollocks. Dropped a clanger here. Better find out what happened! and oh it was you, you wrinkly old twat, take that you cunt' until about 30 fucking years later. Bellend. It's only a tragedy in the sense that watching a child have to choose between eating ice-cream and cake is tragic. They're shit on toast. And the big reveal has Darth Vader looking like a spindly little cosplayer at a convention.

I love loved loved Force Awakens. It was superb. It started to go wrong in Last Jedi, with Leia floating in space and not dying, which was a storyline independent of the death of Carrie Fisher, but it was still good. And then the trailers for Rise got me all excited about the Emperor's return, and it basically has him being it all along, and he didn't die/was resurrected/somehow. Fucking joke. I watched it again a few weeks' ago, and it's good for the most part, but just has the whole 'wait, what' at the very start ruining it for me. But then I did invest an awful lot in fan youtubes about who Snoke was, and his relationship to the Emperor, every one of which was predicated on the EMPEROR BEING DEAD and THAT WHOLE STAR WARDS NOVEL BULLSHIT BEING CANNED SO BYE-BYE RESURRECTION. Anyway.
                On reflection, Rogue One gets better, and better and better over time. It stands up really well, with the only problem being the disparity between Darth Vader leading the charge at the end on his own, and the same guy leaving to to the Stormtroopers about 2 hours later at the start of Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                  Anakin is so fucking stupid; he's like a gammon voting for Farage because the NHS is a bit shit in Harrogate. "Oh, I dun had a bad dream, better turn into a fucking child-killing psychopath,
                  I've seen someone making the case that he has borderline personality disorder. It was quite convincing. It's not so obvious in those prequel films, but it's much more fleshed out in the other programmes etc made about him. His trademark move is to do something incredibly impulsive and rash, which invariably gets his friends in trouble, and he goes to extravagant and extreme ends to rescue them, and at every step he's getting huge numbers of his own men killed. Literally no number of dead clones is too many for anakin, if it means he avoids being "abandoned" by his friends. He also extremely emotionally unstable, and er kills his wife because he thinks she's betrayed him and is going to leave him for his role model, that he has just gone from idolizing to hating etc.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20370237
                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 18-01-2022, 00:25.

Comment

The trailer for season 3 has dropped. 2 minutes of Easter Eggs and things that made me go "ooh".

Katie Sackhoff is back as Bo-Katan. It looks like the series will be going to Mandalore. Carl Weathers is also back. I wonder if they will kill off Cara Dune off-screen.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                      It stands up really well, with the only problem being the disparity between Darth Vader leading the charge at the end on his own, and the same guy leaving to to the Stormtroopers about 2 hours later at the start of Star Wars.
                      Maybe he was a bit tired?

Comment

Blimey, is it really this old? Time flies...

Comment

NHH speaks for me on the pathetic nonsense that is Anakin's "turn to the dark side".

Comment

You were more succinct than NHH

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            Anakin's "turn to the dark side" arc is possibly the worst thing ever in fillum since it began.

Comment

Maybe I speak for NHH

Comment

Pithiness has never been a strong suit

Comment

Well episode 1 of series 3, then

How many quests does a Mandalorian need to complete before he completes his quest...?

​​​​​I liked seeing rhe Anzellans, even if they do remind me of the Doozers off Fraggle.Rock.

They handled the departure of Marshall Dune quite well imo. The IG-11 storyline seems like a needless tack-on. A new antagonist (the Pirate King) is welcome.

Comment

He's the king of the side quest.

Grogu hugging Babu Frik was the soul cleanser my weekend needed.

Comment

"Bad baby!"

Comment

Lots of Mandalorian lore in episode 2.

Comment

Fantastic episode.

Comment

I bet I'm not the only one that yelled, "Morlocks!" watching that.

My wife gave me a very funny look.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                              I bet I'm not the only one that yelled, "Morlocks!" watching that.

My wife gave me a very funny look.
                                              Yep. Exactly my reaction.

Also, can we just have a think about how bad a choice it is to buy a three legged, wheeled robot to explore a cave planet?

Was he expecting Mandalore to be completely wheelchair accessible?

Comment

He wanted to take IG-11. He got hustled into taking R5-D4. (Because fan service)

Comment

Yep. Exactly my reaction.

Also, can we just have a think about how bad a choice it is to buy a three legged, wheeled robot to explore a cave planet?

Was he expecting Mandalore to be completely wheelchair accessible?
                                                  He was out of options. He went to get the droid from season 1 (I’m forgetting the name) but that didn’t work, so he went to talk to Amy Sedaris on Tatooine* again.

As one guy on The Ringer show put it. If you go to Trader Joes to get a certain kind of garlic and they don’t have it, then maybe you go to Ralph’s and see if they do. But if they don’t either, you just make do with what they have and move on with life. You don’t go to a third place or go back to Trader Joe’s.

Same with cave-exploration droids.

Astromechs are remarkably capable of traversing uneven ground. Somehow. Recall R2-D2 zipping along on Tatooine or Degobah.

I think that was appropriate fan service. Apparently, it’s now canon, because of a book, that R5D4 pretended to have a bad motivator because he knew that R2 should go with Luke and deliver the message from Leia. So he deserves a better arc and a chance to prove his quality, instead of just being treated like junk.

*There are thousands, maybe millions, of inhabited worlds in the Star Wars galaxy and yet over the last 46 years, they keep going back to Tatooine over and over.

And there isn’t any particular production reason to do so. When they shot Star Wars in Tunisia, the sand and heat were unbearable, so I don’t think they want to go back. Now they have the volume and could make it look like anything.
                                                  Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 12-03-2023, 22:11.

Comment

It's almost impossible for them, though. New characters? NOT ENOUGH FANSERVICE THEY ARE MARY SUE! Fanservice? THEY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X