Great cheesy one-liners in film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Consider that a divorce" Arnie can't even keep a straight face when he's saying it.

From Eraser, Arnie again.

Comment

Among all the things wrong with Star Wars Episode 1, Ewan McGregor muttering "I have a bad feeling about this" was in the top three.

Comment

I don't know which film it's in and I don't know exactly how it goes, but it's something like "Go away with me and it will be the beginning of a glorious love affair."
        (It'll probably turn out to be the most famous line in cinema history, but there we go.)

I think it's cheesy primarily because my ex-girlfriend, while in a bit of a lachrymose mood about One Of The Ones That Got Away, once said, "And then he said to me, "Go away with me and it will be the beginning of a glorious love affair." It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard."

I snorted so loudly that I almost did a damage to my paranasal sinuses.

Comment

Rogin the sunlounger fan wrote:
          "I have a bad feeling about this"
          That should be the tagline for episodes 1–3.

Comment

treibis ...

"Go away with me and it will be the beginning of a glorious love affair."
            ... that wouldn't be the [corrupted] ending of Casablanca you're talking about, would it?

Comment

Yes, that fits the bill. I knew it was a line from a very famous film that I'd never seen.

Comment

Infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me.

Comment

I'll have what she's having.

Comment

Infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me.

I was wondering when you were going to make a Carry On reference again. It's been a long while.

Yes, I know, it's a two-liner, but:

"And may his radiance light up your life."
                    "And up yours."

Comment

"Cleopatra is mustered!"
                      "So I've heard."

Comment

And from that other great cheesy British film series:

"I think he's attempting re-entry!"

Comment

Frankly, half of what Moore-era Bond says could be quoted on this thread. And long may it reign. He was the best Bond by miles. MILES.

Comment

"Flash. Flash I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the earth"

or from Titanic

"I want you to draw me like one of your french girls, Jack".

Comment

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give Edam."

Comment

It's top of the poppadoms.

Comment

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

That sounds awfully like a line from 'Duke Nukem' Mr FD... let me check...

NOOOO, I should have known that. Its one of my all-time favourite films!

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for the 'Be well!'...'Be fucked.' exchange in Demolition Man, as much for the sheer desperation to come up with something iconic as for any quality in the line itself.

In the great Clint Eastwood one liners sub category, how about:

'Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.'

Eggchaser wrote;
                                      Frankly, half of what Moore-era Bond says could be quoted on this thread. And long may it reign. He was the best Bond by miles. MILES.
                                      Roger Moore was bloody awful in everything he ever did. I read his autobiography and it soon becomes apparent that 'warm and humorous' is a book jacket euphemism for 'utter cunt'.

I won't press the best Bond issue as it merely draws attention away from the fact that the fatal flaw in any James Bond film is that it is pretty well stuck with having James Bond as the main character.

Comment

I suspect that Mr Chaser is on a wind up.

However, Roger Moore DID have a laconic way of being utterly filthy with a (usually shitty) one-liner.

There was a Victoria Wood christmas thingy, where she and Roger Moore were on the London Eye, and he was magnificent in that. (She didnt say a word until the denouement, and I cant find it on YouTube)

Comment

No, no, no: the thought of Roger Moore singing a comic song about macaroons makes watching The Sea Wolves again seem appealing by comparison. Well, marginally less unappealing, anyway.

He was terrifying in his recent-ish Post Office adverts. He pulled off the unusual trick of looking like Roger Moore wearing a prosthetic Roger Moore mask.

Comment

All thrillers/cop films before 2000

"I picked a great day to give up cigs/booze/women/drugs,etc.

Comment

benjm: It wasn't a song... it was a pisstake of Roger Moore. Which he played quite well, although A N Other (in your eyes) would obviously have been better.

I suspect that the only winner here, is Roger Moore. And whilst I dont think him the greatest in the history of even Roger Moore, I give his Roger Moore-ness, full marks for the total immersion in his craft of the sheer fixatedness he had for that part. Superb. Or, you know, dont take it too seriously.

His self-awareness is a joy to behold, and that should be enough.

Comment

Gerontophile wrote:
                                                benjm: It wasn't a song... it was a pisstake of Roger Moore. Which he played quite well, although A N Other (in your eyes) would obviously have been better.
                                                I think Sir Roger might have preferred '...(in your eyes only)...' there.

Don't worry, he doesn't keep me awake at night.

Comment

Damn. I was hoping you would pass him on to me, when you had finished with him.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X