Goldie Hawn & the less funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy ... at some point someone is going to mention Dan Ackroyd.

Comment

At least Dan Ackroyd (and Eddie Murphy) were in the sublime Trading Places. Chevy Chase has done nothing of note ever.

Comment

The Exploding Vole wrote:
        Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy ... at some point someone is going to mention Dan Ackroyd.
        Dan Ackroyd has never done anything but his usual, annoying, one-dimensional character. Not even in Blues Brothers.

Comment

Tony C wrote:
          stonelephant wrote:
          Bill Murray's been pretty consistent
          Well, consistently dull in the last few years with the likes of 'Lost In Translation', 'The Life Aquatic' and 'Broken Flowers'.

Even Murray's arch, knowing smirk and easy manner couldn't salvage these turkeys.
          'Turkeys' because, he was the lead, and much as I think the highest high of him, they were films that needed an 'actor' in them...

Which leads me to a new thread...

Comment

Dan Ackroyd has never done anything but his usual, annoying, one-dimensional character. Not even in Blues Brothers.
            Hold on, it's just been mentioned upthread. Trading Places and then there's Ghostbusters. If someone is in those two, they can take the rest of their career off

Comment

ad hoc wrote:
              At least Dan Ackroyd (and Eddie Murphy) were in the sublime Trading Places. Chevy Chase has done nothing of note ever.
              I enjoyed Caddyshack.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:

Hold on, it's just been mentioned upthread. Trading Places and then there's Ghostbusters. If someone is in those two, they can take the rest of their career off
                The part in Ghostbusters was written for him, that's the role he's been doing in every movie with just slightly varynig degrees of the nerd of whatever profession/bore brought to it.

Comment

Yes but Trading Places and Blues Brothers was before that. I mean agreed everything since has been shit, well, I say that, I am not sure what I have seen of his since. I say "She's Having a Baby" and "Grosse Pointe Blank" but can't remember him in them

Comment

Most of the people being dumped made their rep as sketch comedians/writers (on SNL or SCTV.) Carrying a full length movie is quite a different talent, most of them can't stretch themselves to it but that really should be no surprise.

Comment

Aykroyd has been good when he played serious roles, as he did in Driving Miss Daisy. And he was perfectly good in Blues Brothers and Trading Places.

Comment

Yes, he's done a few which are basically for home consumption (ie: Canada), like Arrow where he's been decent.

Comment

ad hoc wrote:
                          Christmas Vacation - especially the scene when he's in the attic watching his old home movies.

Comment

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote:
                            ad hoc wrote:
                            Christmas Vacation - especially the scene when he's in the attic watching his old home movies.
                            One of the best comedies ever.

Comment

Take that here...

Comment

Working...
                              X