The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to watch this, but only made it about 15 minutes in before turning it off. I assumed I would enjoy it because it had Terry Gilliam's name on it, but I found it to be dull. And it seemed dated, like it was made in 1982--not 2009.

Is it really that bad all the way through, or should I give it another chance?

I shouldn't bother. It's not very good.

Comment

I found it watchable but mainly for marginal reasons it must be said. The death of one of the leads midstream obviously posed a massive problem and I was curious to see how it was dealt with (quite well I thought.) Much of it was filmed here, and not just in back-lanes and suburbs, so I was interested to see how the city was integrated into the story. Also Gilliam's stuff is almost always visually vibrant, therefore never a total waste of time, even if, as in this case it was a bit of a Munchhausen II.

Comment

I enjoyed it, but a) it was only a bit of fluff, and b) I love all Terry Gilliam's stuff.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote:
          I enjoyed it, but a) it was only a bit of fluff, and b) I love all Terry Gilliam's stuff.
          a) That isn't usually a problem for me.
          b) I do too.

Maybe I should give it another watch--perhaps when I'm in a different mood or something.

Comment

Working...
          X