Submarine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submarine

I actually quite wanted to hate this. I can't bear "kooky" Wes Anderson, converse waering obscure indie soundtrack useless boy hot girl love triangle with cool boy type rubbsish. But this was wondrous.
    Completely affecting, marvellously set in an unspecific time, laugh out loud funny with some of Alex Turner's most beautiful songs to soundtrack it. What's not to like?

Submarine

I didn't realise it was set in the 80s until about halfway through the film. I just thought the main character was kooky so had all this retro shit. It is a good debut film though. I thought I was going to be put off by the nods to Wes Anderson films(I do like most of his work) but I enjoyed it. The soundtrack is excellent and Paddy Considine exceptional as always.

Comment

Submarine

I was under the impression (from the clothes, the Dad's facial hair and the transit van) that it was late 70s, but the cinema reference makes it 86 or 87.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Whimsical with a few laugh out loud moments. Good soundtrack that compliments the film - reminded me of Badly Drawn Boy.

A P'tang Yang Kipperbang for the mid 80's.

Comment

Working...
      X