Viva Knievel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viva Knievel!

This film has just begun with a middle-aged man breaking into what appears to be a boy's home dormitory bedroom in the dead of night, waking them all up and handing out presents.

This could turn out to be a very disturbing movie indeed.

Viva Knievel!

Er, now the middle-aged man turns out to be a travelling motorbike stuntman, with Gene Kelly as a best friend, and Leslie Nielsen as his arch-nemesis baddy! This must surely be one of the greatest films ever made!

Comment

Viva Knievel!

And now Evel has just rescued Gene Kelly from a maximum security mental institution by riding in through the front doors, letting Gene jump on the back of his bike, then riding out again.

Comment

Viva Knievel!

If I remember rightly, there's a scene in "Viva Knievel!" where a bloke pretending to be Evel Knievel falls off his motorbike and dies. After that, everything goes quiet for a few seconds.

It was during those few seconds that the kid sitting next to me and my mates at the local fleapit farted audibly. As this was the funniest thing any of us had, and possibly has, ever experienced, we giggled so long and hard that we were eventually frog-marched out of the cinema.

Thank you for allowing me to share this with you.

Comment

Viva Knievel!

I caught a few minutes of this, including a highly entertaining scene where Mr Knievel encounters a fiesty female journalist who turns out to be (shock, horror) one of those women's lib types, and insists on being addressed as 'mizz'. Needless to say, this does not serve to dissuade EK from attempting to deploy his bluff charms.

Comment

Viva Knievel!

I miss Berbasljug's real-time film reviews.

Those were ace.

Comment

Viva Knievel!

I missed this, which is a shame, as it's really excellent viewing in a "did I just imagine all this shit?" kind of way.

I did catch "Drunken Master" on Syfy (sic) though. Marvellous.

Comment

Working...
              X