Fifteen Storeys High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifteen Storeys High

If you haven't seen this yet... well you should have, but there's no excuse now, as it's on sale for £5. Both series.

http://bit.ly/f8RV0G

It's very good/.

Fifteen Storeys High

It's fantastic. The "Blue Rat" episode in particular.

"All the energy of a rat, in a can".

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Alas, I already have the DVDs, so I can't take advantage. It is indeed superb.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

I got a hold of it after a previous recommendation on here. Fantastic.... do yourself a favour.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

So that's what it was called! I remember zapping into a couple of episodes on Portuguese telly, and it is indeed fantastic.

Very tempting offer. I don't normally buy stuff on the Internet. Is that site ok?

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

play.com? Rock solid. I've just placed an order and they're awaiting stock.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Your money's safe with them, although they do have some dodgy tax policies.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Essential recommendation from the lad Bignutz, there. An absolute gem of a series, that BBC2 had no idea how to deploy, so they ended up burying it after Newsnight.

So many brilliant individual moments, but particular favourites are the showdown with the pool rats, and the wrong number.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

If you don't like Play.com, it's on Amazon for the same price.

I'm not sure that they even broadcast all the second series, it was moved around the schedules so much. It must really piss Sean Lock off thar he's still stuck doing the panel-show circuit after doing a series as good as that.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

It's brilliant. When I first watched it I lived in the patch of South London where it was mainly shot, which was nice. Well, not nice.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Yeah, it's brilliant.

Came out around the same time as the St. Etienne album-and-film 'Finnistere', whose aesthetic it partly shares.

How many modern TV sitcoms can you think of that have a recognisable aesthetic eh?

It's funny as fuck too. Funny as fuck.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

You also need the radio show, 15 Minutes Of Misery, probably available on those illegal download sites or somefink...

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

I got this yesterday and watched the first 2 episodes.
                          Oh my, it's brilliant. The wallpaper thing left me in tears.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

On a par with Peep Show for me, early scene in the 1st episode where Errol tries to give Vince a high five almost had me passing my fags round it lightened my mood so.

Brilliant show

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

I've ordered my copy and it's (allegedly) been despatched, so I'm awaiting its arrival with much anticipation.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Borrowed S1&2 from the library today. Will be indulging throughout the remainder of this evening.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Spoke too soon. Watched and enjoyed one episode, then popped the news on for riots and cricket, then m'lovely wife decided to keep BBC1 on for Live at the Apollo. I gave Jason Manford ten minutes before retiring upstairs to watch Macbeth on my new widescreen monitor.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Really zoned in to this now. Both of us, in fact. Episodes two and three blissful as a tuft of candyfloss.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Wait until you get to 'Blue Rat', Mumpo. It's amazing. Oh, and the neighbour with the Thai mail-order bride ('Jeeesus Derek...'). And Errol getting a job at the fish market.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

It's not a bad job.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

SamLKelly wrote:
                                          Wait until you get to 'Blue Rat', Mumpo
                                          I wonder if I am watching these in the right order, then? 'Blue Rat' was the second one I watched last night, i.e. the third one overall. Which is correct, according to the episode guide on Wikipedia; but Vince's bathroom is redecorated in 'The Model' (episode 2), and has reverted to its previous state in 'Blue Rat', which I thought was odd in a series that seems to be paying some attention to continuity (the sofa). Plus, I am not especially adept at the ostensibly simple task of navigating DVD menus.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

Mumpo wrote:
                                            retiring upstairs to watch Macbeth on my new widescreen monitor.
                                            That's a great one for my Dictionary of Euphemisms.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

You're not wrong, Mumpo. That's the correct order.
                                              I hadn't noticed the bathroom thing.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

'Ice Queen' last night; not quite up to the standard of the previous three episodes, but excellent nevertheless. Perhaps the presence of bigger name guest stars works to the show's detriment? Up to now the clandestine behaviour of the block's residents have been lent credence by the casting of largely unknown actors, but when Felix Dexter and Peter Serafinowicz crash the party, and it's more like watching a series of sketches. Toby Jones stole the show, though. The man is incredible.

Comment

Fifteen Storeys High

I was thinking, too, that at the time of transmission (early 2000's), this must have copped some flak for adopting the no laugh track, 'gritty' style that The Office had just made fashionable. Nowadays, thanks to the talented Miranda Hart, everyone is making comedy in front of a live audience again; but back then, might it have seemed that 15 Storeys was jumping on the bandwagon?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X