I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's one for the AA where a toddler is "singing" along to Proud Mary and her mouth is constantly on the verge of moving off her face due to the shittiest CGI I've seen in a long while. Proper uncanny valley stuff.

Comment

There's a brand of chocolate biscuit here called Chocolinas, and recently they've come out with some really annoying adverts referencing popular songs of ... I was about to write 'the moment', but actually it's more like 'of the last decade or so.' This one is the current monstrosity, and it'd be hateful even if it wasn't selling sugar to children.

Comment

(Also, Argentine chocolate is shit. Or rather, you can get quite nice stuff but it's ridiculously expensive. I know I go on sometimes about looking forward to a nice pint of cider when I get back next month, but being able to spend relative pocket change for something that actually tastes of chocolate is going to be another minor luxury.)

Comment

The new Vodafone advert with Martin Freeman moaning about roaming charges to his wife/girlfriend at a wedding make me want to kill someone, probably Martin Freeman.

Comment

Oooo....that is painful. I thought 'long awkward pause' humour was dead about two years ago.

Comment

Dunno if it's been mentioned on here (US commercials) about a company called "Progressive" who sell insurance. They have one character in 99% of their commercials called Flo, who is pretty annoying generally.

However, they have a new set of commercials taking place in a very tacky soap opera. They include an actress called Susan Lucci who is probably the US equivalent of Noelle Gordon or Pat Phoenix.

Anyway, the tagline involves La Lucci sweeping down a huge staircase and making a pronouncement such as "I have finally awakened from my coma. It's a miracle!" to which the reply was "It's called a 'nap' Susan Lucci".

I like this because it's not a bad gag, and the use of the actor's full name (so that we know who she is, and to show just how "important" she is.)

Explaining it, ruins it, of course.

Comment

Yeah, that's painful. The old 'rule' is to on-screen caption any celebrity you use, so that people don't spend the whole 30 seconds going "I know her....now what was her name?" and ignore your pitch.

Comment

The Yousician ads on YouTube make me inordinately angry, which is probably a shame as I'm currently in the market for some cheap online guitar lessons.

Comment

New ad for a fizzy soft drink stereotypically associated with Scotland features annoying talking squirrel and old man who "used to be dead". Perhaps I'm not the target market.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                      There's one for the AA where a toddler is "singing" along to Proud Mary and her mouth is constantly on the verge of moving off her face due to the shittiest CGI I've seen in a long while. Proper uncanny valley stuff.
                      Just noticed I've made pretty much the same point thrice in this very thread. Mind you, this isn't even close to being my weirdest obsession.

Comment

Yeah, that ad bugs me too.

Comment

Make America Sober Again.

Comment

I mean, where do you start with this?

Comment

Halfway up the previous page, Toby.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                To be fair Janik, Toby's link to the video reveals it's an order of magnitude worse than just "an ad for a generic toilet cleaning product", as SdR described it on the previous page. She actually says "Now I can poopulate anywhere", for crying out loud.

That said, there is one surreal redeeming feature in that pile of V.I.Poo – I was startled to see this guy follow her into the bathroom at one stage:

Is that the everlasting purgatory in which Denholm Reynholm found himself??
                                Last edited by Various Artist; 30-06-2017, 14:41. Reason: New page, needs a quote

Comment

That's a good start, Janik, cheers. Hadn't been keeping up with the thread, clearly.

Comment

Despite the fact I replied. Dear me.

Comment

Currently loving the hell out of the Honda trucks campaign, cuz I get to hear my all-time favorite Mamas & Papas song (Go Where You Wanna Go) about 7 times during the average Jays game.

Comment

The ad for Dominos pizza, with the guy who is clearly based on Ferris Bueller. Ultra annoying.

Comment

And I think I've just seen Adam Buxton on a commercial for something. On NBC. (Couldn't find any sign of it on Google, so may well be wrong.)

Comment

The new Microsoft advert with the glowing millennial excited at how many jobs she'll have to work, as well as being a blogger, podcaster and travel writer. Just no.

Comment

It's not often I'm moved to change channels when an advert comes on, but that AA one is so volcanically, eye-meltingly shit that the only way I can avoid putting my foot through the telly and into the face of that frog-ugly gurning shite of a child or the witless twatheaded father is by diving for the remote and finding something - anything - else to watch.

Comment

I wouldn't buy anything from Mr. Gtech - I'm an FF30 for ads, but just caught a bit of one of his. Least trustworthy and most patronising person I've had the misfortune to come into 'contact' with.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
                                                  It's not often I'm moved to change channels when an advert comes on, but that AA one is so volcanically, eye-meltingly shit that the only way I can avoid putting my foot through the telly and into the face of that frog-ugly gurning shite of a child or the witless twatheaded father is by diving for the remote and finding something - anything - else to watch.
                                                  And what makes it even worse (and something I hadn't noticed the first couple of times I saw it)? It's an ADULT mouth with ADULT teeth.

Comment

Yesterday Mrs Thistle texted me to say she'd just seen an advert for soup for cats. Apparently this was so bizarre she had to text me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X