I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let me get this right National Lottery - by buying a ticket I prevent a load of celebrity irritants from winning and doing shitty things with their largesse.

That's the premise as I see it and so surely the only way this works is if I have the same numbers as them.

Well, hey, chance would be a fine thing and while I'd be fucked off if I had to share that loot with any of them we'd all still be pretty well off. They'd just be richer still.

What's the fucking point Lotto, what's your fucking point.

Comment

That's right, Iceland.
      Super slow-motion shots of your cheap shitty Peter Andre food makes it look much better than it actually is and makes me want to rush out to buy it.

Comment

Greenlander wrote: So let me get this right National Lottery - by buying a ticket I prevent a load of celebrity irritants from winning and doing shitty things with their largesse.

That's the premise as I see it and so surely the only way this works is if I have the same numbers as them.

Well, hey, chance would be a fine thing and while I'd be fucked off if I had to share that loot with any of them we'd all still be pretty well off. They'd just be richer still.

As well as the main lottery draw, all tickets are entered into a raffle which guarantees one millionaire each time, so the chances of winning this are affected by the number of entries.

And of course the adverts don't want you to think about how much Edmonds, Morgan, et al have been paid for their appearance.

Comment

Greenlander wrote: So let me get this right National Lottery - by buying a ticket I prevent a load of celebrity irritants from winning and doing shitty things with their largesse.

A load of celebrity multi-millionnaire irritants who are probably rich enough anyway to proceed with the alleged schemes they'd undertake with a couple of mill. more.

Comment

"Joy of bubbles / joy of fun / joy of Pepsi on your tongue"

And I thought UK advertising was bad.

Comment

Comment

Does this thread cover YouTube advertising too? Because I'm frankly stunned by the endless repetition of the same bloody advert almost every time I've watched a YT video for the past week or two. The advert for a remote-controlled sound system where the young lovebirds are about to have their first snog when their romantic music gets replaced by mood-killing jolly sounds remotely substituted by evil Dad from the other end of the house. I mean, the first few times, OK, but I'm well into double bloody figures now.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:
                  I believe Homer Simpson said it best when he said "Oh Oh Spaghetti Os"

Comment

I love the Vodafone advert with the turkey!

Comment

Evariste Euler Gauss wrote: Does this thread cover YouTube advertising too? Because I'm frankly stunned by the endless repetition of the same bloody advert almost every time I've watched a YT video for the past week or two. The advert for a remote-controlled sound system where the young lovebirds are about to have their first snog when their romantic music gets replaced by mood-killing jolly sounds remotely substituted by evil Dad from the other end of the house. I mean, the first few times, OK, but I'm well into double bloody figures now.
                      Download AdBlock Plus. You'll never look back.

Comment

What the fuck were Ben Miller and Ruth Jones thinking doing those Tesco ads? Shit like that could all but finish their careers. As for that other cunt in it, his has likely finished before it has even started.

Comment

I was thinking similar things yesterday. It's obviously a good payday, and it's ACTING, darling, but ...

Comment

How much fun can it be inviting a load of people to your gaff to play Tombola online bingo?
                            They're fucking loving it, and not a drink in sight.

Well, they were until the voiceover reminded them to gamble responsibly.

Pay Day Loans.
                            How much fun can it be to borrow money at an extortionate rate in order to play online bingo?

Comment

The Twix ad with the big Twix-making machine and the bothersome kid getting his mouth taped shut. First off, interesting to see they're using that building they use in movies like Wolf, and, more famously, Blade Runner.

Main complaint: the ad is dubbed to obscure the original American voices. Look, the reality that American ads are occasionally screened on British telly was long since met and gotten used to, so I think we can dispense with the tiresome charade of getting London central casting to heroically mask the tones of our American cousins. You can tell it's Stateside just a few seconds in anyway.

And that fast-food website ad, substituting 'Shakin' That Ass' with 'Chicken Madras'? Just...just fuck off.

Comment

Sean of the Shed wrote: What the fuck were Ben Miller and Ruth Jones thinking doing those Tesco ads? Shit like that could all but finish their careers. As for that other cunt in it, his has likely finished before it has even started.
                                That ad bugs me in the same way the Santander ones with Jessica Ennis-Hill, Jensen Button and Rory GolferBloke do - they quite clearly are not filmed in the same studio at the same time as the plebs, just edited in in post.

Comment

It looks like they've remade the Dolmio puppets, they've got even bigger lips now and could do more than passable impersonations of Pete Burns.

Comment

This was first aired at halftime in the Super Bowl, but I've only just been reminded of it by seeing it yesterday.

Urgh.

Grotesquerie for the sake of it, really.

Comment

That Domino's Pizza one with the oversized misplaced mouths babbling incoherently - it's a stupid idea for an advert but it wouldn't be so bad if the CGI wasn't so shoddy. It's like no-one ever heard of the "feather edges" or smudge tools to help disguise the join.

Comment

There's something disturbing I can't quite put my finger on about that new Muller ad with Kriss Akabusi.

Comment

Think it's sad they made him tell everyone he never got an Olympic gold.

I really don't like the cancer ones at the moment with the Braveheart 'we're coming for you' theme. Medical jingoism.

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote: That Domino's Pizza one with the oversized misplaced mouths babbling incoherently - it's a stupid idea for an advert but it wouldn't be so bad if the CGI wasn't so shoddy. It's like no-one ever heard of the "feather edges" or smudge tools to help disguise the join.
                                            Not very disability-aware, either. Some people can't help their mouths moving in a "funny" way.

Comment

Betting ads are, and always will be the televisual bete noire of good taste, but they now seem to coalesce into one horrible generic concerning three laahds who smugly stare into their mobiles while bantering away. It came to its utter nadir last week with an ad where three laahds just yapped amongst themselves in a kitchen. That was it. There was nothing special to promote, no doohickey app to centre upon. Three blokes chauntering away in a flat, tap tap boom, etc. It was so mystifyingly one-dimensional that they might as well have just filmed the walls.

And that's the annoyance: betting ads have now become so shittily cookie-cutter in their make-up, that a whole new world of wanky stodge is clogging up the space between TV programmes. Fuck, I'm not a betting man and I hate betting ads anyway, but, my main bugbear - that someone's earning a packet out of a distinct and fraudulent lack of imagination - has resurfaced again.

Comment

How about the guys dressed as KFC "food" play football against a sandwich and win.

Utterly bizarre.

Comment

Just watched a Guinness advert. It said some bollocks about 'There are now 6 and a half million Irish in Ireland, and 14 million Irish Americans'.

That Ireland figure can't be right, surely?

Comment

WOW. Wiki concurs. 6.3ish million on the whole of the island (and islands).

So that means it's more populous than Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X